Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Program for those with BK: Chase Freedom approval

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Program for those with BK: Chase Freedom approval

@sjt wrote:

I just called the recon department and they didnt know anything about the program. It could be in the pilot stages and not ready to give out any information out yet.

That's true too, but I wasn't clear I suppose in my point earlier.  The folks that would really know are in underwriting, and those people are often kept seperate in the lenders I've worked at.  For that matter, they might not even fully know either dependant on the level of system automation for their approval mechanisms.  They might not ever come out and explicitly say it, Chase has their own prestige as well to consider, much like Amex... though the whole pre-paid card expedition doesn't appear to have hurt them at all in that case.

Even in small companies information isn't always disseminated quickly, and in big giant ones (JPM-Chase counts as such) it's even slower to be distributed.  If nothing else, look at how much blatant disinformation is given by CSR's of any lender, we know they're not accurate 100% of the time.

        
Message 21 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I just called the recon department and they didnt know anything about the program. It could be in the pilot stages and not ready to give out any information out yet.

That's true too, but I wasn't clear I suppose in my point earlier.  The folks that would really know are in underwriting, and those people are often kept seperate in the lenders I've worked at.  For that matter, they might not even fully know either dependant on the level of system automation for their approval mechanisms.  They might not ever come out and explicitly say it, Chase has their own prestige as well to consider, much like Amex... though the whole pre-paid card expedition doesn't appear to have hurt them at all in that case.

Even in small companies information isn't always disseminated quickly, and in big giant ones (JPM-Chase counts as such) it's even slower to be distributed.  If nothing else, look at how much blatant disinformation is given by CSR's of any lender, we know they're not accurate 100% of the time.

Got it.

But would nt it make sense if they had a program out to pass on the information to its employees.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 27
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

last year when i was rebuilding my banker at the local branch told me they were looking into a secured card and that it would be launched this year. well they did launch a card this year but its a prepaid card. i havent heard anything of this yet

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 23 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@sjt wrote:

But would nt it make sense if they had a program out to pass on the information to its employees.

Fraud prevention. Smiley Tongue

        
Message 24 of 27
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Not sure if me receiving a pre-approval from Chase for the Freedom card is even related to this, but just a day or 2 before the OP posted this I received a pre-approval from Chase for the Freedom and I have a previous BK from 2004.  It will be 8 years old in Sept. I have previously in the past applied for a Chase card, not this specific one,I think it was a Zappos.. I wasn't approved, don't remember the reason why though. 

After receiving the pre-approval I checked my Experian, Equifax and TU and I don't show that Chase softed me..I showed FIA which I think is BOA but not First USA or Chase which I found odd..

It's a great offer but I just don't want to waste an inquiry for a denial.

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 25 of 27
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Any new developments on this one?

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing new it seems

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.