cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quarter - What's in your wallet?

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: New Quarter - What's in your wallet?

Discover IT since I don't have any other rewards/cb card. I'm also in the garden Smiley Frustrated

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 21 of 34
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

AMEX - Gas

Freedom - Movies and Restaurants

Amazon Rewards - Amazon

Discover - ShopDiscover and misc.

Barclays - Utilities (Got changed to rewards but won't update my sig until I have the card. The rewards section does show when I log in now though.)

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 22 of 34
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Just 2 cards for me - CSP (dining, travel, UR) and United Club (everything else). I've already cleared the 10k on my JPM Ritz so there's no use carrying that around anymore.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 23 of 34
Radek7752
Contributor

My Discover IT won't be leaving the SD for a long time with this first quarter coming to an end . The Freedom categories for the rest of the year are pretty good and being able to transfer those points to the CSP for further use is invaluable. The wallet will include the BCE for Gas/Groceries, Freedom for Entertainment/Dining, and the CSP.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 24 of 34
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

FT Knox Cu Visa Platinum - gas 5%

Amex BCE Groceries 3%, US Bank Cash+ for Walmart only 2.25%

Cap One Cash Rewards outside these categories,

If i maybe go to the restaurant i'll use my Freedom....

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 34
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

FT Knox Cu Visa Platinum - gas 5%

Amex BCE Groceries 3%, US Bank Cash+ for Walmart only 2.25%

Cap One Cash Rewards outside these categories,

If i maybe go to the restaurant i'll use my Freedom....

I see that FT Knox allows anyone to join by paying $15 to join another org.  Anyone know how its underwriting compares to Penfed, because this an alternative for a 5% off gas card.

Message 26 of 34
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

No rotating category cards here. (I'm with BS on this one, but am tempted by Freedom/CSP combo and ShopDiscover.) Nevertheless, I'm happy to say that all my cards will have a place in my wallet until the end of the month:

BCP - Groceries
Forward - Dining and Amazon
BofA Travel Rewards - commuter expenses, travel, and everything else (toss-up with Gap Visa until 4/30)
Gap Visa - Gap/Banana purchases (obvious, but there's also a double points promotion going on right now) and everything else (3x points on out-of-network spending until 4/30)

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 27 of 34
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I removed everything to make room and the slots are just waiting for the new cards to arrive.

Wallet:

1. BCP -Groceries

2. Chase Freedom- Everyday stuff I don't want to slam onto BCP

3. Amex Green - When travelling always keep Amex Charge handy.

In my flight bag

3. NFCU Flagship Visa  - Primary Travel card

4. Discover IT - Oh crap Amex just froze my account for a FR and I am on the beach in Cayman card

5. Cap One Cash rewards- I'll by some socks or something with it....at Goodwill.

Sock Drawer:

6. Credit One - Occasionally I will use this to clean my fingernails or something. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 28 of 34
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

I removed everything to make room and the slots are just waiting for the new cards to arrive.

Wallet:

1. BCP -Groceries

2. Chase Freedom- Everyday stuff I don't want to slam onto BCP

3. Amex Green - When travelling always keep Amex Charge handy.

In my flight bag

3. NFCU Flagship Visa  - Primary Travel card

4. Discover IT - Oh crap Amex just froze my account for a FR and I am on the beach in Cayman card

5. Cap One Cash rewards- I'll by some socks or something with it....at Goodwill.

Sock Drawer:

6. Credit One - Occasionally I will use this to clean my fingernails or something. Smiley Happy

When I saw your number 4 (after your second number 3!) my first thought was "Is Discover common in the Caymans"?  Discover reassure me:

You can use your card everywhere Discover cards are accepted on the following islands  (and Cayman Islands is in the list).

But isn't this "Discover is accepted everywhere Discover is accepted"?  so I would also make sure you have a Visa/MC for those awkward "FR'd in the Caymans" moments that we have all experienced!

Message 29 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Pilotdude

Lol @ CredtOne! How long are you going to keep that card open anyway?
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.