Did you mean: 

New/Redesigned - Chase Slate Edge Card

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: New/Redesigned - Chase Slate Edge Card

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

A whole lot of gimmick and not a lot of substance. Credit Unions do the BT oriented cards better from the start. If this had potential to end up <5% APR, I could see potential as a long game BT option for those who would use it on a regular basis. As far as UW'ing, Chase does have the Journey card which is geared towards students who are just starting out on their credit files. This card may be a door into Chase credit products for those with less than perfect profiles, but thinking this I also wonder if Chase would allow PC's to other Chase self branded cards like the old Slate was capable of.

*hits the snooze button*

*hits the alarm reminder*

@ChargedUp 

Chase does not have a Journey card -- just FYI. Not sure if you're mixing that up with Capital One which has that product.

Chase has Credit Journey which is their complimentary credit score and credit learning resources portal.

Chase offers the Freedom Student credit card, but it's not called "Journey".

@FinStarMaybe I did confuse the two. This is what happens when I MyFico before coffee...  Some reason I was thinking "Freedom Journey" on the student card.

Message 11 of 23
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I am now seeing this under my Chase pre-approvals.  However it has an enticing 22.74% APR Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 23
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Does this card still count as a UR card? The original Slate, despite not actually earning anything, still counted as a UR card for some reason. While I don't think this card benefits most people who are here and on top of their credit, I can see this having transient benefit for those one-off situations. However, if it can then be PC'ed to one of the Freedoms or a Sapphire, then it becomes a TL worth keeping

Message 13 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

As title says Doctor of Credit reporting a new Chase card called the Chase Slate Edge card to replace the previously discontinued Chase Slate. While not much to speak of rewards earning wise it does come with a modest SUB and has some interesting features. Image courtesy of DoC with link provided below. Link to application page down below as well, too

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-launches-chase-slate-edge-card/

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/slateedge100

The card will be a benefit to the rebuilders and those that need BT cards though I will be curious to see the underwriting for this card will be like. I don't know what the old Slate card took as far as what scores were needed but I'm assuming you won't need as good credit as you would for their more brand cards like the core Sapphire cards. Hopefully datapoints in the future will help with this

Strikes me as a pretty worthless card.

It's not really a good balance transfer card because (a) it has a balance transfer fee and (b) it will have credit limits too small to do anything with. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 14 of 23
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yeah, I got this out there with an offer of 14.99%.

I think it was Simplynoir who referred to it as a donor card, implying that it's only use is to transfer the CL to a better Chase card.

I am inclined to agree with Simply. As the person above said, CL will be too low to make it useful for BTs anyway.

Message 15 of 23
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Totally useless card for me. But I'm sure there is some market for this. 

JR
Message 16 of 23
firefox100
Valued Contributor

The big Question is if you have burnt Chase in the past many years ago can you get approved the Chase slate Edge to get back in door with Chase.

Message 17 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@firefox100 wrote:

The big Question is if you have burnt Chase in the past many years ago can you get approved the Chase slate Edge to get back in door with Chase.

@firefox100  Chase doesn't "get over it" based on type of card one applies for. 

While UW might prove to be a little looser, it's not going to be how one gets of BL. 

BL is a handshake, and if one is on it, nothing else is considered. 

Message 18 of 23
firefox100
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

While UW might prove to be a little looser, it's not going to be how one gets of BL. 

O well, Chase is so big that they don't want to give customers second chance like other banks do. Discover gave me another chance now I have 29K credit limit also I burnt Bank of America back in 2000 for 15K and today I have 2 credit cards with total of 41K credit limits.

Message 19 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

O well, Chase is so big that they don't want to give customers second chance like other banks do. Discover gave me another chance now I have 29K credit limit also I burnt Bank of America back in 2000 for 15K and today I have 2 credit cards with total of 41K credit limits.

Chase does give 2nd chances just like Discover, Amex, BofA, etc..  Different lenders all have their internal memory of person that burnt them despite falling off the public records or the CRA's.  How long each lender will hold it against you is up to their policy and probably how bad your burnt them for.  Chase will always usually be an initial decline and a recon call will be needed to explain how you amended your previous credit past.  CU's are another story if you burnt them such as NFCU, etc you probably will never ever get a card with them again.  Most banks will eventually forgive, just how long it takes is another story.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.