Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

Hi, I am an international student so when I came to the US two years ago, I did not have a SSN.  However, I got a secured credit card from a commercial bank.  One year later, the bank freed the deposit and increased my credit limit.  Now, I just received my ssn and provided the ssn to the commercial bank.  I will continue to have business relationship with the bank.  My understanding is that over the last two years, I only have a credit history with the bank and the information was not shared.  Question: since now I have offered my ssn, will my credit history over the last two years part of my credit score today or I have to start everything from zero?  Thanks a lot and would appreciate any insights.

Eric
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

I am sure all your history will be posted on your credit report. Call your bank and find out. Then let us know what they say.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

ewujun wrote:
Hi, I am an international student so when I came to the US two years ago, I did not have a SSN.  However, I got a secured credit card from a commercial bank.  One year later, the bank freed the deposit and increased my credit limit.  Now, I just received my ssn and provided the ssn to the commercial bank.  I will continue to have business relationship with the bank.  My understanding is that over the last two years, I only have a credit history with the bank and the information was not shared.  Question: since now I have offered my ssn, will my credit history over the last two years part of my credit score today or I have to start everything from zero?  Thanks a lot and would appreciate any insights.

Eric

Your Hx will be reported to the CRAs... If you are concerned it will not, give the bank a call and ask. Smiley Happy

Keep plugging away!

Rob
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.