Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sears Card Promo

tag
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

New Sears Card Promo

Happy the offers on this card haven't stopped.

Untitled.png

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: New Sears Card Promo

That is cool! But I don't think there are any open within 50 miles where I live. They use to be in every corner couple of years ago!

Maybe they are trying to be online store and compete with Walmart and Amazon 😎

Message 2 of 31
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

I used to have a Sears store card, and every time I needed a new appliance, I'd wait for one of their XX months at 0% interest and then buy it using the card. I'd always pay it off before the XX months were up, so I never paid a penny in interest, and didn't have to touch my savings for big purchases. Back then, Sears carried just about every brand of appliance, so it was easy to find just what I wanted.

Does the current Sears card do no-interest promos? I see that you're talking about a MC version; I don't even know if they offer a store card now or only MC. Either way, I'll be buying a new refrigerator soon....

I LIKED Sears. I'm sorry to see it disappearing from the American landscape. Smiley Sad

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 31
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Does the current Sears card do no-interest promos?

The version I have did offer me special financing last year. Don't know if they'll do this year.Untitled.png

Message 4 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The store card and the SYW-earning Mastercard are both still accepting applications.   Citibank stopped allowing conversions to the TYP-earning version of the card a little over 2 years ago. 

Over the last 4+ years my Sears TYP-earning WMC has been my most lucrative earner in terms of value back earned vs dollars spent - between 11-12%. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 31
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

^-- ditto what Coldfusion said. I've deposited over $2200 last year in cash from TYPs earned on my Sears MC thanks to their insane promos. 15x on grocery/gas/restaurant, 10x on home improvement, various 10k points for 2k spend promos ... and on top of that (offers stack!) 0% for 18 months on a GE range I bought from GE directly. 

I just ran the numbers for last year and it worked out to nearly 13% cash back on about $16k of spend. Citi/Sears MC is the most lucrative and generous card in my portfolio. It does take some work to track it all, some of the promos have weird ranges (i.e to get 15x minimum spend of $500 per month with a cap of 9000 points or $600 cap in spending), but for the most part their systems seem to work properly and the bonus promos post monthly. The offers do change and sometimes are silly - after three months of $800/mo to get 15x points, it jumped to $2000 minimum for the next quarter. 

Extra bonus, rep just told me HelloFresh codes as grocery (unlike Amex or Chase).

Message 6 of 31
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Wow, I'm really impressed by the rewards/benefits the Sears card offers. Considering I'm not gardening any more (inadvertently left), I guess one HP wouldn't be such a big deal, so maybe I'll apply. As noted, I'm going to need a new refrigerator soon, so maybe....well, just maybe....

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 7 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is such a strange situation... Sears is clearly in decline (sadly), yet Citi is pushing the promos on the Sears Credit card with abandon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yet another reason I wish I still had mine from years ago. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As @coldfusion knows, i get slmost every offer out there for my card. Sad to say i cant really utilize it due to debt and low cash flow but am currently using a bt offer which in turn helped yield a $2800 auto cliSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

As @coldfusion knows, i get slmost every offer out there for my card. Sad to say i cant really utilize it due to debt and low cash flow but am currently using a bt offer which in turn helped yield a $2800 auto cliSmiley Happy

Yes - I remember that they've been pretty regularly tossing some nice offers your way for a while. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.