Did you mean: 

New Sears Card Promo

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: New Sears Card Promo

@coldfusion wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

As @coldfusion knows, i get slmost every offer out there for my card. Sad to say i cant really utilize it due to debt and low cash flow but am currently using a bt offer which in turn helped yield a $2800 auto cliSmiley Happy

Yes - I remember that they've been pretty regularly tossing some nice offers your way for a while. 

Right now i have the 10x bonus ty for utility bills  . Also had the earn $40 by making purchases in 3 consecutive monthsSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

This is such a strange situation... Sears is clearly in decline (sadly), yet Citi is pushing the promos on the Sears Credit card with abandon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yet another reason I wish I still had mine from years ago. Smiley Sad

I agree it's strange (and I don't feel all that badly about Sears spinning around the bowl either than how so many rank-and-file employees got hurt by the job losses) but as long as Citi continues to make it worthwhile for me to take advantage with only truly organic spend I'll keep the card out of the sockdrawer. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 31
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Wow, I'm really impressed by the rewards/benefits the Sears card offers. Considering I'm not gardening any more (inadvertently left), I guess one HP wouldn't be such a big deal, so maybe I'll apply. As noted, I'm going to need a new refrigerator soon, so maybe....well, just maybe....

It's too late to get this card.  If you have it (as I do), you get various offers.  If you don't have it, you can no longer get it.

@coldfusion wrote:

The store card and the Shop Your Way-earning Mastercard are both still accepting applications.   Citibank stopped allowing conversions to the ThankYou Points-earning version of the card a little over 2 years ago.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 13 of 31
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

This is such a strange situation... Sears is clearly in decline (sadly), yet Citi is pushing the promos on the Sears Credit card with abandon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yet another reason I wish I still had mine from years ago. Smiley Sad

I don't think it is surprising - if the card was still primarily tied to Sears there would be little reason to use it.  Even as it is, it is basically a 1% (ThankYou) rewards card, and less than that for cash back.  Citi's promos allow it to make the card attractive.

Based on the card's rewards structure, I don't believe it actually has any ties to Sears/Kmart besides its legacy name.  Purchases at Sears/Kmart don't earn extra rewards.

Once Sears/Kmart goes out of business (assuming it doesn't become an online only retailer, which is possible), it will be interesting if/how Citi converts the card for existing card holders.  It could also remain the same card benefits-wise but drop the Sears branding.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 14 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I got yet another offer in snail mail today.   20X bonus TYP for $400 mininum, up to $425 spend, on groceries/gas/restaurants in each of the 3 months Jan/Feb/March.    This one is a slam-dunk.

IMG_2979.jpg

That makes 3 promotions that I have in play this month on this 1 card.

10,000 bonus TYP for $2K uncategorized spend from 12/17-1/16.

10X bonus TYP/$ for mininum $400 spend on utilities, up to 5,000 bonus TYP ($500 spend).

And now this one.   There was some some double-dipping (i.e. single spend qualifies toward 2 different promotions) and there will be a bit more this month.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 31
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

Got another promo today. Don't know how much I'll be spending in the following month but good to know I have the option.

Untitled.png

Message 16 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Ha,  the one I got last month was for only 10,000 bonus TYP for $2K spend!  Congrats!

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 17 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Did i mention @coldfusion  that my card currently also has a 0% apr offer til NovemberSmiley Wink. Card is pretty good all aroundSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No, but I'm glad that they still like you enough to keep on tossing offers your way ;-)

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 19 of 31
Bockrocker
Regular Contributor

I'm so envious of the offers on this card since I first read about it in like 2018 but I figured it made no sense to apply considering the state of sears, 3 years later and it seems it's still going strong 😂

Just wouldn't want to waste a hard pull to get it and have no offers for a year or get it PCed to something lame 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.