Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Soft Pull from Cap One

tag
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

New Soft Pull from Cap One

Trying to get a CLI from Capital One, but I keep getting turned down. Reasoning stated: Low scores. My problem is, I've done a LOT of improvement since their last soft pull in December (all CC debt paid down, collections removed etc). But try as I might, I can't get Cap One to do a new pull. Online rep and phone both say they it's an automated system that pulls roughly every 6 months. Suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Soft Pull from Cap One

Did you sign up for their credit wise thing? That might generate a new soft pull.

Message 2 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@ALHondaGuy wrote:

Trying to get a CLI from Capital One, but I keep getting turned down. Reasoning stated: Low scores. My problem is, I've done a LOT of improvement since their last soft pull in December (all CC debt paid down, collections removed etc). But try as I might, I can't get Cap One to do a new pull. Online rep and phone both say they it's an automated system that pulls roughly every 6 months. Suggestions?

Try in May.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem which is crazy. Profile is really improved no collections that were there when I got the cards. The credit limit increases have been paltry too, $500 or less. I can't even combine my cards which is hilarious I haven't used one of them since April of 2016. I'm thinking of ditching my cards soon. As someone else said, give it time I wouldn't say as long as May but let your other paid off things report, open Credit Wise then see if you have a new score there then apply for the CLI

Message 4 of 9
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Their Credit wise system reflects the higher scoring. The declined letters don't...
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALHondaGuy wrote:
Their Credit wise system reflects the higher scoring. The declined letters don't...

Yes. CW updates weekly but my last [only] CLI request with Capital One reflected a SP from 12/27/2016. Does C1 only pull every 6 months?!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure when they pull, but I got denial letter in January that quoted my score from November '16. In February it had updated and gave me my score from December '16.
Doesn't make sense to me how they update
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure when they pull, but I got denial letter in January that quoted my score from November '16. In February it had updated and gave me my score from December '16.
Doesn't make sense to me how they update

Based on this it appears C1 is using a FICO score that's 2 months removed from your current score.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think C1 pulls every month but they use a 2-month-old score.  I tried last month for a CLI and they were showing me scores from Nov, this month it's scores from December...

Oz

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.