Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Target CC

tag
jefftca925
Established Contributor

New Target CC

I went to Target yesterday to pick up a few things for the house and figured I might as well get one of their RedCards since I shop there so much and an additional 5% can add up over time.  I went to the CS desk and the nice lady helped me submit my app.  It came back instantly approved for..... (drum roll please) $600!!  This is my lowest limit by a long shot and I was a little shocked.  Is Target going back to issuing low limit cards again after granting larger lines late last year?  I'm ok with it as I won't buy THAT much stuff there but still a bit surprised.  My FICOs are in the 770-780 range.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Target CC

Don't feel bad about the limit I received the same limit. My other CL are much higher. Hopefully we will see increases near the holidays!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 29
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

I went to Target yesterday to pick up a few things for the house and figured I might as well get one of their RedCards since I shop there so much and an additional 5% can add up over time.  I went to the CS desk and the nice lady helped me submit my app.  It came back instantly approved for..... (drum roll please) $600!!  This is my lowest limit by a long shot and I was a little shocked.  Is Target going back to issuing low limit cards again after granting larger lines late last year?  I'm ok with it as I won't buy THAT much stuff there but still a bit surprised.  My FICOs are in the 770-780 range.

My FICOs are in the 730 range and I got approved for a CL of $2000. Are you sure that's not just the temporary limit until you get the card in the mail?

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scientifics wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

My FICOs are in the 730 range and I got approved for a CL of $2000. Are you sure that's not just the temporary limit until you get the card in the mail?

Scientifics was your card the Target Visa card? I'm thinking it was with a limit of $2000. The store card is usually issued a limit as low as $200 and the highest I have heard of is $1000.

My card (store) opened with $300 received first cli to $500 and then $1000.

Message 4 of 29
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

Scientifics was your card the Target Visa card? I'm thinking it was with a limit of $2000. The store card is usually issued a limit as low as $200 and the highest I have heard of is $1000.

My CL is 1000 but i also just have a store card. they no longer offer a visa card.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MagicShot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My CL is 1000 but i also just have a store card. they no longer offer a visa card.

you are correct. I was just wondering if that is why his card was issued with a higher limit.

Message 6 of 29
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

On the little slip that popped out of the machine in the store (temporary card) it said my CL was $600 and temporary limit was $200.  Not sure if that changes when you actually receive the card but I thought it was kind of odd considering my credit file.  It's not that big of a deal to me as I really wanted the card for the 5% discount.  I buy quite a bit of stuff there (Wal-Mart scares me) so having a CC made sense to me.  I was curious on what experiences people recently had with them.  The credit pulls data base on another site showed that recently people were getting low opening limits with them.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jefftca925 wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

On the little slip that popped out of the machine in the store (temporary card) it said my CL was $600 and temporary limit was $200.  Not sure if that changes when you actually receive the card but I thought it was kind of odd considering my credit file.  It's not that big of a deal to me as I really wanted the card for the 5% discount.  I buy quite a bit of stuff there (Wal-Mart scares me) so having a CC made sense to me.  I was curious on what experiences people recently had with them.  The credit pulls data base on another site showed that recently people were getting low opening limits with them.

The REDcard (store card) has always been issued with lower limits (to my knowledge). The only card that had higher limits was the Target Visa which is no longer offered.

Message 8 of 29
laz98
Senior Contributor

i like my target card.  like you, i shop there a lot.  i was one of the people who was stuck with a $200 limit for the longest time.  then one day it jumped to $1,000, to my great surprise.  i thought it would stay there.  but then some time after that, not sure how much passed, i got a jump to $1,500.  & that's where it's been for the last year.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got $1000. Is it really the highest? I wish they still offered the Visa.

I'm an AU on my mom's Target Visa but the CL is $200 Smiley Sad

I don't know which I should keep in my wallet now.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.