Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New US Bank Cash+ 5% Category - TV, Internet, Streaming Services

tag
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: New US Bank Cash+ 5% Category - TV, Internet, Streaming Services

My internet is my highest, about $160. $40 for YouTube TV, $8-9 Prime, $8 Starz (through Prime). 5% on that sure bests 1.5%. All adds up. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 21 of 56
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

I just thought of this:

I could pay three months ahead on utilities on the last week of this quarter (making sure to allow time for it to post during this quarter) and switch from utilities to cable for next quarter. Then pay cable ahead three months at the end of that quarter and switch back to utilities again the following quarter!

It might just be crazy enough to work..

Message 22 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dlister70 wrote:
I just thought of this:

I could pay three months ahead on utilities on the last week of this quarter (making sure to allow time for it to post during this quarter) and switch from utilities to cable for next quarter. Then pay cable ahead three months at the end of that quarter and switch back to utilities again the following quarter!

It might just be crazy enough to work..

That should be fine.  OR try to get another Cash +.   With utilities, I now pay ahead just to minimize the fees my utility charges for credit: up to $600 the fee is $2.25, above that it is quite a bit more, so I pay $600, get $30 from cash+ for a net gain of $27+    

Message 23 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@simplynoir yeah...that's why I'd like to see insurance on the cash+...I was just saying that it being on the Amazon card means there's a precedence for insurance being a reward category.

Well, there's a better precedent!   When Cash+ launched, there was a bill pay category (uncapped) that specifically included insurance, as well as utilities.     While bill pay is unlikely to come back, utilities has reappeared (capped), maybe insurance could as well.

Message 24 of 56
nrm
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash+ new 5% Category starting 04/01

Starting 04/01/2019, TV, Streaming, Cable, etc... services will replace Car Rental. Untitled.png

Message 25 of 56
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Cash+ new 5% Category starting 04/01

@nrm wrote:

Starting 04/01/2019, TV, Streaming, Cable, etc... services will replace Car Rental. Untitled.png

Le sigh. Trying to garden but this may change my future app timeline. 

Message 26 of 56
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@nrm wrote:

Le sigh. Trying to garden but this may change my future app timeline. 

Not gonna lie if I didn't already have the Chase Ink Cash that cover a lot of these already I would be tempted too.

Message 27 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh! This card is becoming attractive as a goal card again. I’m gonna be never/24 forever. 

Message 28 of 56
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Saeran, this one is a good one to have as a goal card! The cash back is fast with no hoops to jump through. My favorite card for monthly bills!
Message 29 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.