Did you mean: 

New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

@kr43002 wrote:

So I did call US Bank and this is all the information I know about it:

It can graduate upon request, the agent on the phone said I should try and call in around 6 months to request it. They did not say anything about auto graduation, but I've read it can take some time.

You can increase your CL by increasing your Deposit, just have to call in and they will do underwriting for it. Assuming Another Hard Pull, as that is what someone else was saying on my post in another thread.

Credit Lines ranges from $300 -> $5000, with $100 Increments.

They are Bankruptcy Friendly.

Other things to note:

It did not take long to get on the phone with a rep (around 2 minutes going from start of call through the dialer process).

30 minutes after applying, I called in and asked if I was auto denied, and to my suprise I was "Recomended for Approval; Pending Funding from source". They took the funds 3 days after the application, then around 8 days (5 business) I recieved an email stating I was approved. The account also popped up in my US Bank app dashboard with that email.

Thanks for the info @kr43002 

I would assume (dangerous, I know) that it follows the trend of their regular plat secured - When I increased the deposit, definite HP.   When I asked for graduation (not automatic), another HP.   It's USB, HPs are kind of expected, so I don't think it's a big deal (I'm also in the very unpopular opinion camp that HPs for CLIs are totally reasonable).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 11 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@kr43002 wrote:

They approved me and I just got the card in my Dashboard. 

Scores are around low 600-620

Util is low.

ALOT of new accounts.

I am going to guess the 1/12 0/6 rule is not enforced with these.

I got the Secured Cash+ Card.

I actually made a post about this in the BK forum, was quite excited about getting a 5% cash back card so soon out of BK.

If it truly bypasses their normal 1/12 rule, this could be a nice workaround to get in with them sooner if someone is willing to take an HP at opening and another 6 months later for graduation.

Message 12 of 32
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

Considering I was discharged less than 6 months ago, every account on my signature is within that time frame.

And I have the approval letter here

I would say its safe to say the normal lending requirements for US Bank is not in effect for these cards. However the graduation portion of this require time to tell

isHT1yM

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 13 of 32
morethan20yaks
New Contributor

@kr43002 wrote:

Considering I was discharged less than 6 months ago, every account on my signature is within that time frame.

Very cool. I'm in a similar boat (no BK, but many new accounts with 8 months history only) and this may be my 'in' with US Bank.

Thank you for sharing. Look forward to a graduation update Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 32
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank announces two new secured cards: Build your credit and earn rewards too

@razzy116 

how many INQs do you have?

Message 15 of 32
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

when did you get the HP @kr43002 

was it immediate? 

did you pre-qual?

Message 16 of 32
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@kr43002 wrote:

They approved me and I just got the card in my Dashboard. 

Scores are around low 600-620

Util is low.

ALOT of new accounts.

I am going to guess the 1/12 0/6 rule is not enforced with these.

I got the Secured Cash+ Card.

I actually made a post about this in the BK forum, was quite excited about getting a 5% cash back card so soon out of BK.

@kr43002 Congratulations on your approval and thank you for all the data points! These sound like great options! 

Message 17 of 32
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

@GrandBay wrote:

when did you get the HP @kr43002 

was it immediate? 

did you pre-qual?

When I applied, I did not see an option for Pre-Qual. 

It was not immediate, I got a pop up stating they will let me know in 3-5 business days. 3 days later they took my depsit, 5 days after that I got an email saying I was approved.

I called in 30 minutes after applying and they said it was recomended for approval, pending deposit.

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the card made of metal? 

Message 19 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the card made of metal? 

@Anonymous- for reference, please check this thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/U-S-Bank-Altitude-Go-Visa-Signature-Card/td-p/6418673

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.