Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

tag
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

Re: New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

Just got the new card in today. From when I first applied to getting the card took about 2 weeks, not bad. 

pwPMVhj

Rewards you get to choose 2 5% and 1 2% and 1% everything else. 

Just got into the rewards portal today and posted the image here of all the categories.

The card for cash+ is not metal, but it does have a nice finish. I would liken the quality to the Discover IT card with the Vinyl, the texture really makes up. It offers Tap to pay. 

My APR is 25.99%

$300 Credit Line; $45 Cash Advance line. 

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reporting back. I was approved for the Altitude Go, and based on the timeline you provided, I should be receiving it next week. I'm hoping it's made of metal like the unsecured version. I'll be sure to follow up after I receive it. 

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank announces two new secured cards: Build your credit and earn rewards too

@gdale6 wrote:

U.S. Bank launched two secured credit cards, giving subprime consumers the chance to build their credit.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/us-bank-announces-altitude-go-cash-plus-secured/

Thank You!

Message 23 of 32
Trini88
Established Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank announces two new secured cards: Build your credit and earn rewards too

Didn't even know the secured version existed! 

Goal Cards:
Message 24 of 32
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Lordy..... I need another secured card like I need a hole in the head. BUT.... these are some fantastic cards. The 4X and 5X (respectively) almost makes these worth putting down a deposit. I might be able to get the unsecured version in a year or so after all my new accounts age some though.

Message 25 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Lordy..... I need another secured card like I need a hole in the head. BUT.... these are some fantastic cards. The 4X and 5X (respectively) almost makes these worth putting down a deposit. I might be able to get the unsecured version in a year or so after all my new accounts age some though.

I agree. I know these cards are juicy and very tempting to apply for these secured cards and get them as soon as possible. Just 3 weeks ago US Bank upgraded 2 of my secured cards. I feel like apping for these two secured cards and get them. But I am going to wait 6 months until my scores numbers reach higher and then apply for unsecured version of cards.

Message 26 of 32
Trini88
Established Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

I wanted the unsecured version when a lot of my inquiries drop off and my new accounts as well BUT for a chance to control how much is on a card that requires a hard pull per cli....I think I'll have to get the secured version and drop as much money as I could on it and forget about ever asking for an increase 😂.

Goal Cards:
Message 27 of 32
celestiz

I wish these cards were out when I got the platinum secured card 6 months ago. I called to see if they could do a product change to one of the new secured cards, but they said they aren't doing that. I might just have to put $500 down on the secured Cash+ since it might be a while until my current secured card graduates.

Message 28 of 32
north1

Just a heads up that USBank limits you to 2 of any type of product. They are not currently allowing conversions from existing secured products to the new Cash+ and Altitude Go (much like they would not change your existing terms when they dropped the AF for secured). If you are planning on applying for both of the new cards and already have an active secured card, you will need to close one of them in order to obtain both the Cash+ and Altitude Go.

That being said, USBank Secured cards are basically 100% approval, but they are notoriously quiet about approval until they pull funds from your checking account a few days after application and you will receive a welcome e-mail shortly after that.

Also, USBank Secured cards will not graduate for a MINIMUM of 12 months. Don't waste a HP on it because you'll just get a letter in the mail stating that the account must be open at least 12 months before they'll even consider it.

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for both card and they will be coming soon. I just wanted to see how you are enjoying them after having them for a few months?

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.