Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Card - Won't Let Me Pay The Balance

tag
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

New Walmart Card - Won't Let Me Pay The Balance

I just got a new Walmart store card and figured I would use it for doing the grocery shopping and PIF every month (we do our shop at the Walmart Supercenter so I'm going there anyway).

So I did the shop, went on the website later that evening and while it's showing my available credit as $75 (used $325 on a $400 CL), it has current balance as $0 and payment due as $0.  When I try to pay it, it won't let me.

Is this just the usual thing for the first month / until the first statement cuts?  It's a little irritating as if forces me to have higher util than usual and I'll take a fico hit for that, but it'll rebound.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: New Walmart Card - Won't Let Me Pay The Balance

You can pay in the store at any time and for any amount.  I frequently have a credit on my Sams card because I do this.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

It's normal.  Most members on this board will force an electronic payment via their banks website.  
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a Walmart card, but I have other cards that do the same thing, it usually takes a couple of days for it to post and then you can pif without it ever hitting your cr.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.