Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

Today I got a new Walmart Card in the mail, the information sent with the card said i am recieving this new card because GE Money Bank changed it's name to GE Capital Retail Bank. The card had a different design on it and had the same account number. The thing is when i applied for the card it was GE Capital Retail Bank then, so I called them after i saw that just to make sure this wasn't some sort of scam. I got a nice lady from the United States that said they are mailing out cards with new designes to customers and she doesn't know why it says about being changed to GE Capital Retail Bank. She said they have been GE Capital Retail Bank for the past 12 months. She said this new card was legit and it did not need activation and she said i was all set.

I just thought I would let you all know this so no one freaks out like i did. LOL Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

@linux007969 wrote:

Today I got a new Walmart Card in the mail, the information sent with the card said i am recieving this new card because GE Money Bank changed it's name to GE Capital Retail Bank. The card had a different design on it and had the same account number. The thing is when i applied for the card it was GE Capital Retail Bank then, so I called them after i saw that just to make sure this wasn't some sort of scam. I got a nice lady from the United States that said they are mailing out cards with new designes to customers and she doesn't know why it says about being changed to GE Capital Retail Bank. She said they have been GE Capital Retail Bank for the past 12 months. She said this new card was legit and it did not need activation and she said i was all set.

I just thought I would let you all know this so no one freaks out like i did. LOL Smiley Very Happy

What does the new one look like?

(Describe, don't post a pic don't want you to get in trouble) 

Message 2 of 48
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

What does the new one look like?

(Describe, don't post a pic don't want you to get in trouble) 

It's darker blue than the orgional, has like 10 "watermarked" spark logos & 1 regular yellow/orange spark logo on it and it says Walmart in smaller font. Everything on the back is the same, both cards say they are by GE Capital Retail Bank, which was why i called in to make sure.

Message 3 of 48
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Well I've got no issue with that. It's all the joy of getting a new card in the mail without having to app or take an inq Smiley Tongue 

Message 4 of 48
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Well i recieved one last month and the design was the same as my last WC. I hate the design so i hope i get one of these lol

Message 5 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

(Waiting for the mailman) Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 48
orl2185
Established Contributor

They also changed the design on the Discover card. It's a bright orange. Far better looking than their original GEMB design.

Message 7 of 48
linux007969
Established Contributor

@orl2185 wrote:

They also changed the design on the Discover card. It's a bright orange. Far better looking than their original GEMB design.

oh so that's why she asked me if i got an yellowish/orangeish card after i said i recieved a new card in the mail. LOL

Message 8 of 48
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Got mine yesterday.  I was wondering why I got it concidering I just got the other one only 3 months ago.  I was planning on calling them on Monday, but now I don't have to.  Thanks for posting! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 48
linux007969
Established Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

Got mine yesterday.  I was wondering why I got it concidering I just got the other one only 3 months ago.  I was planning on calling them on Monday, but now I don't have to.  Thanks for posting! Smiley Wink

Your welcome! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.