Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
Inscorehell
Valued Member

When Cap one takes over Walmart

Cap one won't approve for anything. I have a perfect payment record on a three year old Walmart card. Any idea how I will fare once the taakeover is complete?

Message 121 of 332
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: When Cap one takes over Walmart

@Inscorehell wrote:

Cap one won't approve for anything. I have a perfect payment record on a three year old Walmart card. Any idea how I will fare once the taakeover is complete?

I dont think it will change anything for you. Cap One core cards will still have same UW standards and approval requirements. 

Message 122 of 332
Inscorehell
Valued Member

I'm confused. Do you mean my cap one rejections or my usable walmart card will stay the same?

Message 123 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Inscorehell wrote:

I'm confused. Do you mean my cap one rejections or my usable walmart card will stay the same?

UW criteria is separate between core cards and store cards. As long as Capital One decides to migrate you, nothing will change. 

Message 124 of 332
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Inscorehell wrote:

Rejections. Nothing is going to happen to your Walmart card. It will stay the same 

Message 125 of 332
Inscorehell
Valued Member

Sorry if I've been unclear with my question. LOL. Will I have a cap one walmart card or will I no longer be a walmart credit card customer?

Message 126 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think right now nobody knows what cap 1 is going to do . We can only speculate til the press release .
Message 127 of 332
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Inscorehell wrote:

Rejections. Nothing is going to happen to your Walmart card. It will stay the same 

+1

I think @Remedios has great intuition, or whatever you want to call it, Personally I'm banking on what She say's!

Message 128 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I know, I got the letter, it says as of August 2019, they will start moving accounts to Cap 1 and it will take 1-2 months and you'll get a letter with new card and new login info then from there, everything will remain same. Nothing will be changed.

If you want to request CLI, I would do it NOW before Cap 1 takes over 100% in August because I know Cap 1 is sticky with the CLI's!

Message 129 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did u get a 2nd letter Mr Irish?.I thought I read in another post that you said cap1 was taking over July 20th on your account and they gave u a 1000 increase .my memory isn't great so please forgive me if I'm incorrect sir
Message 130 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.