cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One to take over Wallmart Master card in August.

@stonedog23 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wait, WHAT??? Walmart is going with Cap One?? When did this happen?? Will i take a triple pull for a cli?? This is just disastrous for meSmiley Sad

Even now a Cap one cli request is a soft pull. 

Yep, soft pull, and pretty much a guaranteed denial for "payments have been too small". . . .

Message 61 of 332
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Walmart Credit Partner

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a walmart credit card issued by Synchrony.  I have read that Walmart will not renew their partnership with Synchrony and will instead employ Capital One for credit cards.  My question is this:  Will my credit card convert to a Cap1 card or will it stay with Synchrony?  I cannot find information on the web about this.

When I read this original post, the OP seems to be asking two different questions. The first question seems to be will the poster’s card convert from one with Walmart facing to one with Capital one facing. The second seems to be who backs the card, Cap One or Synchrony? I’m pretty sure your Walmart card will continue to be a Walmart card, the other question I can’t answer. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 62 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I thought I'd sneak in a CLI before it transfered to Cap1, and was denied. lol 

Not sure when the last time I reqested one, so not sure of the reason as they didn't give one. 

Your request for an increase has been denied. You will receive a letter in 7-10 business days explaining the reason for the decision. If you
find we based the decision on incorrect information, please contact the credit bureau
indicated on the letter and call us when the information has been corrected.

As far as CK is concerned i don't have anything bad, reporting so i'll have to wait till the letter arrives to find out the exact reason.

Message 63 of 332
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Walmart is every 4 months for CLI, providing you're eligible for one. 

A day sooner and it's a no go 

Message 64 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense - Lowe’s (which is also Synchrony) is the same way from what I’ve seen on here over time.
Message 65 of 332
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

The 4 month rule does not apply to Credit Solution

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 66 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

You really shouldn’t call credit solutions unless you have immediate need for the higher limit though. It’s just extra eyes on your total Sync exposure and it’s anybodys guess when Sync will restock those blue envelopes. 

Message 67 of 332
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I thought I'd sneak in a CLI before it transfered to Cap1, and was denied. lol 

Not sure when the last time I reqested one, so not sure of the reason as they didn't give one. 

Your request for an increase has been denied. You will receive a letter in 7-10 business days explaining the reason for the decision. If you
find we based the decision on incorrect information, please contact the credit bureau
indicated on the letter and call us when the information has been corrected.

As far as CK is concerned i don't have anything bad, reporting so i'll have to wait till the letter arrives to find out the exact reason.

Same here today.

I assume they just want the Wally account out of their hair finally and have no intentions of managing any increases as the date draws near for them to be free of it.

Message 68 of 332
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Imagine Synchrony clding everyone to $200 just to po C1Smiley Wink
Message 69 of 332
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Imagine Synchrony clding everyone to $200 just to po C1Smiley Wink

That's spooky AJC. Still it didn't hurt to give it one last try before Wally flies off to the new horizon grounds of the Triple Pull menace Smiley Surprised

Message 70 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.