Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Walmart Credit Partner

My account will not be reaged but instead keep my opening date. So you should call and double check.
Message 101 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Heads up,

I got a letter in mail saying my account will be switched over to Cap One starting July 20, 2019 and they were nice enough give me $1500 CLI as saying thanks for being value customer. Hey better than nothing.

Anyone get something like this?

is yours the store card or maxtercard?

Message 102 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No letter for me yet either. A CLI to thank me for "staying" isn't really needed in my case, I barely use the $10K limit I have. 

what I'm most interestd in is something that I read somehwre else, that Cap1 will reage the account to the date they took over instead of keeping the original opening date? If true it will be yet another reason for closing, and probably before the switch ion this case. 

Also, I haven't seen any coupons for the 6-12 month 0% interest lately. So I had wondered if this was due to it switching over. I had wanted to make a $1K purchase for the 0%, but looks like that's no longer a thing. Wondering if anyone else noticed the same?

If Cap1 doesn't offer these types of promos going forward, then I simply don't see a need to keep this card anymore.

While I don't really like losing a $10 CL, I have received a couple CLIs recently that will essentiually make up for that loss.

At one time you didn't need to have a copy of the coupon for the special financing with you because the cashiers at the store could just scan one they keep in the check-out stations if you asked for it.

Message 103 of 332
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No letter for me yet either. A CLI to thank me for "staying" isn't really needed in my case, I barely use the $10K limit I have. 

what I'm most interestd in is something that I read somehwre else, that Cap1 will reage the account to the date they took over instead of keeping the original opening date? If true it will be yet another reason for closing, and probably before the switch ion this case. 

Also, I haven't seen any coupons for the 6-12 month 0% interest lately. So I had wondered if this was due to it switching over. I had wanted to make a $1K purchase for the 0%, but looks like that's no longer a thing. Wondering if anyone else noticed the same?

If Cap1 doesn't offer these types of promos going forward, then I simply don't see a need to keep this card anymore.

While I don't really like losing a $10 CL, I have received a couple CLIs recently that will essentiually make up for that loss.

I've had the Walmart store card since 2012 and have never used the 6-12 months 0%. What can you buy at Walmart for $1k??? They sell TVs and that's about it. And I was actually on the market for a TV last year, I wanted a 65" 4k TV and looked at Walmart, but the killer for me is sales tax. I normally don't mind paying taxes to support local schools & law enforcement, but in Arizona the state sales is 5.6% but the counties & cities can add their own sales tax and in the small city where my Walmart the sales tax is a crazy 9.5%. The TV I wanted was $1100 and sorry, I am not paying $100+ in sales tax for a TV, I bought it online with no sales tx & free shipping.

MY CL is also $10k and would hate to lose it, but I'm thinking of closing it before Cap One takes over. I only spend a couple hundred per month and a good chunk of that is cash back, and Cap One is much less accommodating for large CLs without the spend to justify it than Synchrony. I have a $15k CL on Lowes, and in the last year I've bought a garden hose and a house plant.

Message 104 of 332
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ  I would not close it quite yet. Usually they leave $10K cards alone, and while getting CLI without serious usage probably wont be possible, I dont see them doing CLDs, at least not at first. 

If they are keeping the original open date, I'd wait to see what happens and what kind of changes Cap One makes. 

It really cannot be worse than Synch's version Smiley Frustrated 

Message 105 of 332
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with the above. From previous Capital One portfolio acquisitions (Cabela's, Bass Pro Club, etc.), the original open date of the tradeline remains the same and same thing regarding CLs.

There could be circumstances in which I'm sure they could CLD, but we're talking drastic changes to an individual's profile during the final phases of transition.
Message 106 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

In remembering back to around 2009 when Capital 1 took over HSBC and several other lender accounts (I had eight accounts due to mergers and acquisitions). All accounts kept their original credit bureau information except the bank name which was changed to read Capital One. In fact, the accounts still appearing on my credit reports today have kept all original information and opening dates. Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 332
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Was on the Walmart card site a few mins ago and saw this

"As of 6/25, Special Financing offers and in-store credit applications will no longer be available."

Message 108 of 332
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the Walmart store card since 2012 and have never used the 6-12 months 0%. What can you buy at Walmart for $1k??? They sell TVs and that's about it. And I was actually on the market for a TV last year, I wanted a 65" 4k TV and looked at Walmart, but the killer for me is sales tax. I normally don't mind paying taxes to support local schools & law enforcement, but in Arizona the state sales is 5.6% but the counties & cities can add their own sales tax and in the small city where my Walmart the sales tax is a crazy 9.5%. The TV I wanted was $1100 and sorry, I am not paying $100+ in sales tax for a TV, I bought it online with no sales tx & free shipping.

MY CL is also $10k and would hate to lose it, but I'm thinking of closing it before Cap One takes over. I only spend a couple hundred per month and a good chunk of that is cash back, and Cap One is much less accommodating for large CLs without the spend to justify it than Synchrony. I have a $15k CL on Lowes, and in the last year I've bought a garden hose and a house plant.

Just so you know, you are suppose to pay your local sales tax regardless of where you buy your products.  Smiley Happy

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 109 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Normally nothing. lol

But in this instance I found a 4K TV for about $995, a few bucks lower than what Best Buy wants. Plus in Oregon no sales tax. So i thought I could kill  two birds with one stone, and get some heavier usage on this card as well as keep activity going with the 0%APR balance.

At least for a couple months anyway. Because like you, I don't use it often, only spend about $50-100 every 6 months. 

I would shop there for food if it were closer, as they're decent competition for grocery prices. But I'm not gonna travel 80 miles out of my way when there's a Safeway locally.

In the end I will likely end up getting it at Best buy, as that's where I usually buy this type of stuff. But it's also 80 miles away. Sure there's Amazon, and plenty use them, But I tend not to use them as they're partially at fault for the fall of brick & mortar stores.

Message 110 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.