Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart CapitalOne Merger Question

@Adkins wrote:

The letter says if you have any questions to visit Walmart. com / capitalone (obviously, web address with no spaces - I can't remember link rules)

@Adkins, it's fine to share the complete link here if you would like. Smiley Wink

Message 151 of 332
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

The letter says if you have any questions to visit Walmart. com / capitalone (obviously, web address with no spaces - I can't remember link rules)

@Adkins, it's fine to share the complete link here if you would like. Smiley Wink

Ok, I'll fix it - thanks!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 152 of 332
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

So from that page it appears that Cap-1 is going to change the rewards structure though its not yet released

Yeah, the paper TOS I received specifically said that information would be sent separately. *grumbles* 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 153 of 332
soccrstar
New Contributor

Not everyone is moving to captial one

The bank that issues your Walmart Credit Card Account is changing. Your account may transfer from Synchrony Bank to Capital One and the new Capital One Walmart Rewards program on October 11, 2019. 

I wonder how they will split everything. maybe FICO based? length of account? limit based? usage based? who knows. Time will tell.

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 154 of 332
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

So from that page it appears that Cap-1 is going to change the rewards structure though its not yet released

Yeah, the paper TOS I received specifically said that information would be sent separately. *grumbles* 

Well, the way I look at it they can't make it any worse (fingers crossed). The 1% in store doesn't cut it, I only use my store card in store for a small purchase & cash over, as my BBVA Clear Points Visa gets me 3% in store. I do use my store card on Walmart.com for 3%.

And thanks @Adkins for the link, lots of useful info.

Message 155 of 332
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@soccrstar wrote:

Not everyone is moving to captial one

The bank that issues your Walmart Credit Card Account is changing. Your account may transfer from Synchrony Bank to Capital One and the new Capital One Walmart Rewards program on October 11, 2019. 

I wonder how they will split everything. maybe FICO based? length of account? limit based? usage based? who knows. Time will tell.

Fico based is what Barclays appeared to do with their Rewards card, the lower tiers got sold to Mercury and Barclays kept the cream of the crop. This would be fine with me as I prefer Synch to Cap-1.

Message 156 of 332
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is going to get interesting. Not everyone going over huh? Sorry fella, no Cap One for you but we do have a consolidation prize for ya....say hello to our little friend Credit OneSmiley Happy
Message 157 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe synch will take the consumers that cap 1 dont take and transfer them to another card . who really knows at this point

Message 158 of 332
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If Synch keeps some accounts and those are opened as new accounts without backdating ,  5/24  hearts will  be broken 

Message 159 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes thats true lol

Message 160 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.