cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you received letter from Cap One about Walmart Card?

I don't understand why this thread was moved to one that started last year but whatever.

Interestingly, one mod gave the original new thread kudos and another one didn't think it should have its own thread and moved it here. 

Message 181 of 332
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why this thread was moved to one that started last year but whatever.

Interestingly, one mod gave the original new thread kudos and another one didn't think it should have its own thread and moved it here. 

@Anonymous, a separate thread would create unnecessary confusion as there are already existing DPs that have been posted on this one which also includes information from individuals who have received such communications from Capital One on the upcoming transition.

Also, just to clarify so there's no confusion, the kudos given was on moving that post to this thread to keep things seamlessly for other members to have a consolidated point of reference.  So the 'kudos' and the movement are consistent. 

Message 182 of 332
Poppa
Established Contributor

No Walmart Special Financing?

I just saw this on Walmart.com: 

"As of 6/25, Special Financing offers and in-store credit applications will no longer be available."

Think this is a temporary thing until Capital One takes over?

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 183 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Walmart Special Financing?

I suspect you'll find out when Cap1 assumes the portfolio.

I can't think of any store cards they manage other than Kohl's... that's a different story than most would like with a capped value of 3K CL's in most cases.

Message 184 of 332
Mcx990
Valued Member

A few days ago I noticed signs promoting Affirm installment financing (3,6,9 or 12 months). Not sure how new this is since I don't go to Walmart a lot.
Message 185 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is that there will be some kind of interest-free financing plan when Capital One takes over. I can't see Walmart moving its portfolio over knowing that Amazon's credit partners (Synchrony and Chase) offer interest-free financing but its new one does not.

Message 186 of 332
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Today I called the Walmart phone for the mastercard to check balance and got mesg of if you have any quequestiquestions go to www.walmart.com\capitalone went to site it saids that you will keep the same card number when your account goes to cap one. it also saids that you can keep using your old credit card. Izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzit look's like Cap is takeing over block of mastercard numbers from Synchrony bank. All accounts are going over.

Message 187 of 332
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Today I called the Walmart phone for the mastercard to check balance and got mesg of if you have any quequestiquestions go to www.walmart.com\capitalone went to site it saids that you will keep the same card number when your account goes to cap one. it also saids that you can keep using your old credit card. Izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzit look's like Cap is takeing over block of mastercard numbers from Synchrony bank. All accounts are going over.

so it looks like some have jumped the gun by closing accounts to soon.

"look's like Cap is takeing over block of mastercard numbers from Synchrony bank. All accounts are going over."

Message 188 of 332
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I’m curious to see if Capital One will upgrade any of the store cards to Mastercard.  I also wonder what 5ge rewards program will be.

Guyatthebeach

Message 189 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firefox100 wrote:

... look's like Cap is takeing over block of mastercard numbers from Synchrony bank. All accounts are going over.

That's not what they say @ the linked Cap One website. It repeatedly says accounts "may" transfer.

Message 190 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.