Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wayfair Citi Card Is Live

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Wayfair Citi Card Is Live

New card is live with following details: 

comes in both mastercard and store card versions. 

5% back on Wayfair, no interest financing available 

mastercard comes with 3% back in grocery, 2% online, 1% everywhere else 

prequal link is live as well 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: New Wayfair Citi Card Is Live

Thank you for sharing the information.

Message 2 of 30
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

So they did go Citi .. popcorn.gif

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous ! 

Message 5 of 30
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

So all those folk who were unhappy about Comenity closing their Wayfair cards ought to be happy now.  The new Wayfair card has a better issuer.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 30
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Wayfair site now offering prequalification for Citi backed store and Mastercard

Checked the Wayfair site this morning to see what alternative financing they are now offering since my Comenity backed store card was shut down effective today.  No new Comenity backed Mastercard received to replace my $7900 limit.  Discovered that Wayfair is now showing a pre-qualification link to a Citi-backed Mastercard or store card.  Has the 3-2-1 reward structure for the Mastercard, special financing options at 0% still available.  Citi doesn't like me so I guess I won't be shopping Wayfair much anymore

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still say Wayfair shot themselves in the foot because Citi isn't as lenient as Comenity. 

Message 8 of 30
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

Re: Wayfair site now offering prequalification for Citi backed store and Mastercard

I couldn't pre-qualify for the new offers with Wayfair either but I did get the new Comenity M/C so it's not really a loss.

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 9 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I still say Wayfair shot themselves in the foot because Citi isn't as lenient as Comenity. 

Well, we don't know the financials, Wayfair may have got a better deal from Citi, and it might be that those customers benefitting from Comenity's easy credit weren't all that profitable.   Or Comenity might have ended the relationship so Wayfair had no choice.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.