Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New World of Hyatt vs. Marriott Premier Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New World of Hyatt vs. Marriott Premier Plus

I think you guys may have convinced me on the CSR. I’ll just have to figure out how to divide the spending with my Uber card.
Message 31 of 59
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

$150 with priority Pass and solid insurance coverage. Honestly, if you use UR through the travel portal, dining becomes 4.5 CPP or potentially more if you transfer points, so the Uber card would be giving you a lower rate.

[2/2019]
Message 32 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it.

Just a couple more questions..

Does the AF and $300 credit hit right at account opening?

And would there be any benefit applying to both the CSR and Freedom at same time? As ou said, I would probably not have much use for my Uber card so I would opt to add the Freedom to combine. I just wouldn’t want multiple HPs at once.
Message 33 of 59
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got it.

Just a couple more questions..

Does the AF and $300 credit hit right at account opening?

And would there be any benefit applying to both the CSR and Freedom at same time? As ou said, I would probably not have much use for my Uber card so I would opt to add the Freedom to combine. I just wouldn’t want multiple HPs at once.

Approved May 24

Got the card May 29

First purchase May 30

AF hit June 1

I think I read somewhere it usually hit on the first day of the first full calendar month.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 34 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what about the travel credit?

Just looked at my score and unsure if I would get approved:

Income: 70K
Highest card limit: Venture 15K
Scores: in range of 675-685
Checking/Savings opened with Chase

I just checked and I am showing a prequel offer for the CSP which I read does give you a better shot.
Message 35 of 59
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And what about the travel credit?

Just looked at my score and unsure if I would get approved:

Income: 70K
Highest card limit: Venture 15K
Scores: in range of 675-685
Checking/Savings opened with Chase

I just checked and I am showing a prequel offer for the CSP which I read does give you a better shot.

I saw the credits post within a few days of getting the card and using it for travel. I'm not sure if it was instantaneous when a travel transaction posted, or a few days later.

It posts quickly and automatically.

Your questions about the precise timing of the travel credit and AF leave me a little concerned you possibly plan to drop the card quickly to avoid the AF, or are considering spending money on travel with only a small cash cushion.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 36 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no definitely have no plans to drop the card lol. I was just curious on the timing Smiley Happy

I don’t churn through cards. I would
Plan to have this card for the long haul.
Message 37 of 59
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

The travel credit is automatically applied to any purchase that codes as travel. Let's say you get the card 8/25, you buy a ticket for $100 8/26, once the purchase posts around say 8/28, you'll almost immediately see a $100 credit apply and you won't even have to pay the $100 on the statement. And you can see in the UR portal how much of the credit you have left. I never had a chance to actually see it unused because it goes so fast. 

The fact that you're pre-qual'ed for CSP does give you a better shot, but still no guarantee. You can combine to apply for 2 personal cards and 1 business card from Chase at one time with only 1 HP. There are also those who "double-dipped" to apply for both CSP and CSR (of course, you don't always get approved, but the SUB could make it worth a shot), then PC the CSP to either the CFU or CF. I personally like the CFU, but it depends on your spend. The CIC is also worth a look at, if you have a business. 

[2/2019]
Message 38 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately no business lol.

So I would just apply like I would but for both and it would automatically only be one HP? Contemplating applying tonight however nervous about getting denied for the CSR.
Message 39 of 59
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Any time you apply for two cards at the same time with chase, it’ll be just one HP, so it’s essentially a free application. You never know but it could be worth a shot.

[2/2019]
Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.