Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years spree complete

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

New Years spree complete

So I just finished up a new years app spree.  My scores have definately taken a big hit from all the HPs and the drop in my AAoA.  Definately time to lay low for awhile.

I had a good run though...  I added a Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa, a Citi Diamond Preffered MC, a Georgia's Own Credit Union Platinum Visa, and the Sportsman's Guide Rewards Visa.  I also closed my old Merrick Bank Visa and ordered me a Capital One Image Card.  Still waiting to see if my image will be approved.

I am still carrying a balance on both my Cap One cards from Christmas that I intend to get transferred over to the new 0% intro on the Citi card.  After that I am DONE till the end of 2015.  Nothing left to do now but resist the urge to apply for new lines and carefully select SP CLIs every 6 months.  Wish me luck!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: New Years spree complete

congrats! nice line up.

yeah that's one of the downside on having successful spree. when your new accounts start reporting, it pummels your AAoA. my AAoA went from 4.8 years down to 1.4 years when 5 of my new accounts reported. and that's not even close to the number of the new accounts im waiting to report!

Message 2 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Yes, on the plus side it has helped my utilization.  It is definately hard after putting so much effort into an app spree to go back to not applying again.  I may need to find a new hobby!  HA!

Message 3 of 31
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 4 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

So I just finished up a new years app spree.  My scores have definately taken a big hit from all the HPs and the drop in my AAoA.  Definately time to lay low for awhile.

I had a good run though...  I added a Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa, a Citi Diamond Preffered MC, a Georgia's Own Credit Union Platinum Visa, and the Sportsman's Guide Rewards Visa.  I also closed my old Merrick Bank Visa and ordered me a Capital One Image Card.  Still waiting to see if my image will be approved.

I am still carrying a balance on both my Cap One cards from Christmas that I intend to get transferred over to the new 0% intro on the Citi card.  After that I am DONE till the end of 2015.  Nothing left to do now but resist the urge to apply for new lines and carefully select SP CLIs every 6 months.  Wish me luck!

Looks like you did well... I would definitely heed your own advice Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nice cards. Congrats!
Message 6 of 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Great cards! Congrats on a successful spree!
Message 7 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Thank you to all...  I have been reading these boards and lurking forever, I certainly couldn't have been this successful without the knowledge I learned here.

It has definately been an exciting couple of weeks!  I did get turned down a few times, I got declined for the Barclaycard Ring and also declined by Chase.

Honestly, I registered for the forum just yesterday because I was so excited about all the success and just wanted to tell someone.  LOL

Message 8 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

Thank you to all...  I have been reading these boards and lurking forever, I certainly couldn't have been this successful without the knowledge I learned here.

It has definately been an exciting couple of weeks!  I did get turned down a few times, I got declined for the Barclaycard Ring and also declined by Chase.

Honestly, I registered for the forum just yesterday because I was so excited about all the success and just wanted to tell someone.  LOL

Glad you shared your story, this will definitely help others as well.

Message 9 of 31
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.