Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years spree complete

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: New Years spree complete

AAoA is overrated anyways.

My first spree dropped me down to 3 months AAoA. I've managed to scrape it up to a respectable 9 months now (I haven't applied in 2 months!). It didn't stop me from obtaining all the cards in my signature.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

My first spree dropped me down to 3 months AAoA. I've managed to scrape it up to a respectable 9 months now (I haven't applied in 2 months!). It didn't stop me from obtaining all the cards in my signature.

Your sig reminded me, I also got declined by US Bank.  I got the letter today and they didn't even check my reports.  It said I lived outside their service area.  I had never heard that one before.

Message 12 of 31
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 13 of 31
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Your sig reminded me, I also got declined by US Bank.  I got the letter today and they didn't even check my reports.  It said I lived outside their service area.  I had never heard that one before.

Well, they're only the 5th largest commercial bank in the USA. I guess they can't serve everyone ...

Total $443,800
Message 14 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My Georgia's Own Credit Union Visa FINALLY came in the mail today.  WOW, I had seen the photos but they just do not do it justice.  This is by far the ugliest card I have ever seen!  No custom card image option available either.  At least the 9.99% interest rate is pretty as a peach.

Just 2 more coming in the mail now.  When the Sportsman's Guide Rewards Visa gets here we will see if the GOCU card still hangs on to the ugliest card honor.

Message 15 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My Sportsman's Guide Visa came in the mail today!  Woohoo!!  Yes, it's ugly but the 24.99% APR is even uglier...  This wont be a card I'll ever be able to use by it is my highest limit so it is definately serving a purpose in my wallet.  Now I'm only waiting on the PayPal Extras MC and my new Cap 1 image card to come in the mail. 

Although once the PayPal card finally shows up on my PayPal account I will probably have it customized also.  I'm thinking about the image below...  I know they don't allow logos, but surely they would allow their own logo.  Can anyone confirm that?

Message 16 of 31
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

My Georgia's Own Credit Union Visa FINALLY came in the mail today.  WOW, I had seen the photos but they just do not do it justice.  This is by far the ugliest card I have ever seen!  No custom card image option available either.  At least the 9.99% interest rate is pretty as a peach.

Just 2 more coming in the mail now.  When the Sportsman's Guide Rewards Visa gets here we will see if the GOCU card still hangs on to the ugliest card honor.

Whats that round image on your Gocu card? It kinda looks like it has stars in it...

Total $443,800
Message 17 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I honestly do not know what the image on that card is supposed to be.  That is one card that I REALLY wish had an option to customize!

The round part looks like it's supposed to be some sortof green lizard's eye with the eyeball being the planet earth.  At least that's what it looks like to me.  Whatever it's supposed to be, it's ugly!

I did a little workup of what the paypal card might look like if they approve the image.  I assume they will add some of their own branding in one of the corners and I'm not sure where exactly that would go yet so I might end up shifting the glowing PayPal right or left to avoid whatever they put.  Does anyone know if you can use the companies own logo on a card?

Message 18 of 31
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I honestly do not know what the image on that card is supposed to be.  That is one card that I REALLY wish had an option to customize!

The round part looks like it's supposed to be some sortof green lizard's eye with the eyeball being the planet earth.  At least that's what it looks like to me.  Whatever it's supposed to be, it's ugly!

I did a little workup of what the paypal card might look like if they approve the image.  I assume they will add some of their own branding in one of the corners and I'm not sure where exactly that would go yet so I might end up shifting the glowing PayPal right or left to avoid whatever they put.  Does anyone know if you can use the companies own logo on a card?

Hmm. Sounds like a Green Dragon ball. Strange to find that on a Gocu card.

Total $443,800
Message 19 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

UPDATE...

My PayPal Extras MC FINALLY came in the mail yesterday.  I usually run a small purchase like a pack of smokes or somthing through a new card to confirm it's working and all is well, but I'm afraid to use the PayPal card.  It still isn't showing up on the PayPal website for me and I'm afraid to use it without a way to pay the bill.  I have read on here that it takes up to 4 days after activation for it to show up, so I guess I will give it 4 days and if it's still not showing by then I'll give tham a call.

In other news, I hit the luv button on one of my QuickSilver Cards and It gave me another $500.00 bump on my CL.  It didn't ask how much I wanted, it just asked if I wanted the full 500 or less.  That puts that card at 1.5k like most of my others.  I guess 1.5k must be the standard going rate for me??

Other than waiting for a new Quciksilver card to come in the mail from my PC on my old Orchard Bank card I can confidently say I am in the garden for 6 months at which time I will do a few CLI requests.  No more new apps for me until next year.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.