Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York Life Rewards Visa

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New York Life Rewards Visa

1.5 pts for every $1 and it only cost 1 hard pull unlike Cap1.  Free monthly EX too.

Message 21 of 28
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

So it's likely an Experian pull as well?   Sorry long day and synapse were not working... secret already there.

Thanks B335is

@B335is wrote:

1.5 pts for every $1 and it only cost 1 hard pull unlike Cap1.  Free monthly EX too.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 22 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I think they pulled EQ sometimes.  They pulled EQ for my LaQuinta card.  They're also good with sp CLI every 4-6 months.

Message 23 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Yep, gotta love that. I have this card on my list of cards to get for the FICO score. Though the FNBO Direct ExtraEarnings Visa might also interest others (2% on everything for 1 year, then 1%, 11.99% APR).

Heres a comparison of the New York Life card with similar cards.

non-category BBR.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 24 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Is there a list somewhere of all the cards that feature a free EX FICO score?  I have TU covered with Barclay, and EQ covered with DCU.  It would be nice to add EX.

Message 25 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

OK, nevermind I found another thread.  I went to the FNBO website and I can't figure out where to apply.  Has anyone applied for the NewYork Life card?  Is it difficult to get?

Message 26 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

OK, nevermind I found another thread.  I went to the FNBO website and I can't figure out where to apply.  Has anyone applied for the NewYork Life card?  Is it difficult to get?

http://www.newyorklife.com/products/nyl-visa-card

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

Firstbankcard or FNBO is pretty conservative.  I think they manually review most applications and don't care to see a lot of new accts.  I haven't applied for this card, but eventually will if the rewards don't change.  I am trying to build some history with FNBO before I go for this one.  How does your EX and EQ reports look?

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.