Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: Watch Out for Deferred Interest Financing During the Holidays

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: Watch Out for Deferred Interest Financing During the Holidays

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: Watch Out for Deferred Interest Financing During the Holidays

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: New blog article: Watch Out for Deferred Interest Financing During the Holidays

That's a great article and always an important thing for people to know prior to taking advantage of one of the promos.  So many stories on the forums of people getting a 24 month deferred interest promo, then being hit with hundreds of dollars in retroactive interest even if they only owe a small amount by month 25.

Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: New blog article: Watch Out for Deferred Interest Financing During the Holidays

This is a key area to watch out for .. "Avoid using the card while you're paying it off"

So many use the card, and end up paying interest on non introductory purchases.

Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Over the years of managing my own credit lines & nurturing a stable profile, i always preferred to keep away from Deferred Interest financing and instead kept to 0% card rates for purchases where there is benefit to roll balances.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.