cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card CL increase through recon any strategy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New card CL increase through recon any strategy?

Hello I have read here that some people get a CL increase on a new card after approval. Any suggestions on how to go about that? I got a WF Cash Wise invitation. Was declined. Called and did recon and got approved but only for 1,000. Would like to see about a better CL. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: New card CL increase through recon any strategy?

Immediately trying for a CLI after being issued on something already reconsidered to get in the door? I would not advise it.

Give the card some love and experience. After 3-6 months, consider asking for more. I would not try after already getting a recon success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob wrote:
Immediately trying for a CLI after being issued on something already reconsidered to get in the door? I would not advise it.

Give the card some love and experience. After 3-6 months, consider asking for more. I would not try after already getting a recon success.

+1 I agree.

Message 3 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Plus, it's WF. They aren't exactly known for being overly generous. Unless you are my GF- she's the only one that I know of that gets nice auto CLI's from them...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. Will cool my jets. 

Message 5 of 6
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Good luck! I know it sucks waiting but that is the biggest factor for success with FICO.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.