Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card after mortgage closing

tag
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

New card after mortgage closing

I am closing on my mortgage on 1/4/19 and wondering how long I should wait to apply for a new card? Credit Karma says TU-708 and EQ-705.  Thoughts?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New card after mortgage closing

@TryN2Rebuild wrote:

I am closing on my mortgage on 1/4/19 and wondering how long I should wait to apply for a new card? Credit Karma says TU-708 and EQ-705.  Thoughts?

Thanks

You can apply for new cards immediately after closing.  The CK scores are worthless as they are Vantage, not FICO, scores.  You need to know your FICO scores before applying to have some idea of which cards you might be approved for. 

Message 2 of 6
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

What is the best place to get my fico scores(I hope not to pay for them)? lol  Thanks for the info

Message 3 of 6
delaney1
Established Contributor

Credit check total has a 7 day trial for $1. That’s what many here use.
Message 4 of 6
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Should I wait until my closing before I get those? Will it impact my closing if I get those scores today? Thanks
Message 5 of 6
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

1. It will not impact your scores to pull them yourself
  2. The time it takes for a mortgage to appear on one's reports can vary by lender. However, once it does report your scores will dip. So... it would be wise to apply for any needed credit within a few days after closing. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.