Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card lost in the mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New card lost in the mail

I applied online for a lord & taylor credit card and did not receive it within the timeframe that it should have been recieved and decided to call lord & taylor and they said that they would send a replacement .but I checked my credit report and it listed lost or stolen credit card .is this right for them to do when I never had it in my possession to lose it .Please let me know what I can do to have this removed.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: New card lost in the mail

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied online for a lord & taylor credit card and did not receive it within the timeframe that it should have been recieved and decided to call lord & taylor and they said that they would send a replacement .but I checked my credit report and it listed lost or stolen credit card .is this right for them to do when I never had it in my possession to lose it .Please let me know what I can do to have this removed.

It IS lost or stolen, they sent it, you never got it..  Doesn't have to be from you.      

Do you have the replacement?  There shouldn't be another entry on your CR, although that does sometimes happen

Message 2 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They have a limited number of choices to say "what happened", all from a canned, pre-defined list, so "lost or stolen' is just a fancy way of saying the card is gone.

Having that on your CR is a non-issue.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

but I checked my credit report and it listed lost or stolen credit card .is this right for them to do when I never had it in my possession to lose it 

Lost in the mail is still lost.

@Anonymous wrote:

Please let me know what I can do to have this removed.

You can't.  Why are you concerned about this?

Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but I checked my credit report and it listed lost or stolen credit card .is this right for them to do when I never had it in my possession to lose it 

@Anonymous wrote:

Rereading and guessing, I think the problem for the OP is not the notation, it is that there is TL entry which he/she couldn't use and is now (maybe) closed through no fault or action of themselves.   That's why I asked about the replacement card.  This should appear as the same TL, so no problem, but if it doesn't, it does make sense to ask if they can be merged or the one removed

Message 5 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rereading and guessing, I think the problem for the OP is not the notation, it is that there is TL entry which he/she couldn't use and is now (maybe) closed through no fault or action of themselves.   That's why I asked about the replacement card.  This should appear as the same TL, so no problem, but if it doesn't, it does make sense to ask if they can be merged or the one removed

But does FICO factor it into your score?

The same thing happened with my BECU Visa.  I never received it... lost in mail in December 2013.  The TL shows on my report as a closed account with lost or stolen on EQ status. TU shows closed PAA... no entry on EX at all.

I was issued a new card and new acount number and it reports as a 2nd TL.

It doesn't appear to be affecting my score... but should I contact them to remove it?  It shows as a 1 month old closed account.  The same thing happened in September 2013 with my Best Buy card... I opened it when it was Cap One... a month later it was taken over by Citi and now I have a 1 month closed account and new TL.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.