Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

Looks like an interesting card, no annual fee, 4% on dining, 3% on airfare and hotels, 2% on online purchases, 1% on everything else, and $50 Uber credit after spending $5,000 each year. There's a $100 sign up bonus if you spend $500 in the first 90 days. It'll be available starting november 2nd and it's underwritten by Barclaycard. Link to card on Uber's website: https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

Re: New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

I'm intrugued! I know so many though are against barclays, so we will see how it pans out. 

Message 2 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

uber-visa-card-rewards-and-benefits.jpeg

Full benefits for those that don't want to click.

If it werent' for the fact that Barclays is the one issuing it I would...sort of think about it. Might have to read more into it but gotta say it was more than I expected.

Message 3 of 138
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Only thing interesting to me is the mobile insurance, but there are other cards with that also. But it's Barclays...

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 138
iced
Valued Contributor

It's a shame it's going after dining and travel as the top categories. It looks decent for a no AF card, but it isn't going to entice me nearly enough to move from something like the CSR. 3 UR beats 4% cash-back, even without transfer partners. Add in transfer partners and it loses even more. I'm getting 18-27% return on dining/travel dollars with CSR today.

Now....if it were a MC, I'd apply and use it for my non-Visa emergency backup!

Message 5 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are Uber rides just 2% on the Uber card? That seems kinda pathetic. Seems they're pushing UberEats with this card isntead of the car service. It still seems intriguing with the mobile insurance but don't know if that would work for me since I have a MVNO (Mint Sim) for service currently. Also, its Barclay and I've hear some horror stories about them on here and I think it might be best to stay away.

Message 6 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, i'm liking it.  I might jump on this the minute it comes out.

The reason - The only time i use Uber, is when i take my wife out to San Diego downtown to dine.  It cost $24 each way plus about $100 at the restaurant.

i don't have a card giving me 4% on dining at the moment.

$5000 per year to get $50 Uber credits - those $50 will pay for one night out with the wifey/year ($24 each way). I would have to spend $416/month on the card to meet the $5000. I can put my cell bill on it ($180) and some groceries.  I love the fact that it has cell insurance (now that i have the iphone 8), that's a big +++++++ for me!!  No FTF!!

$100 credit after spending $500 is a plus.

Yes, we all know Barclay will CLD BUT i don't worry on that because i dont carry balances at all, $0.

This card will be mine!

Message 7 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not bad imo! 

Message 8 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

seems like some pretty decent rewards for a no annaul fee card. does anyone know if these are cashback/points you get that could only be reedemed for uber credits? Or is it actually cash back?

UPDATE: NEVERMIND read the uber cc page lol....you can reedem for cashback too. 

Message 9 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The redemptions start at  $5 when you get Uber credits and $25 when you want cash back or gift cards. And the cashback is a statement credit I believe.

Message 10 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.