Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit cards: Please advise

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: New credit cards: Please advise

Congrats! You really did an excellent job. Should BofA not get approved - recon it Smiley Happy  .. I recently bargained down my APR to 9,99% on both cards and this was a very pleasant conversation. 

Message 11 of 17
AllusiveGold

@09Lexie wrote:
Your new line up is impressive! I think you have an excellent shot at BoA!

Welcome to the forum too!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
AllusiveGold

@lg8302ch wrote:

Congrats! You really did an excellent job. Should BofA not get approved - recon it Smiley Happy  .. I recently bargained down my APR to 9,99% on both cards and this was a very pleasant conversation. 

Thank you, and you have an amazing line up of cards by the way.

Ok, so I called and "checked" my application status and it said that it is still under review and may take up to 30 days. This worries me as far as getting approved, but it's out of my hands!

Message 13 of 17
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Call the backdoor number for BofA and recon it.  Also, if you have had your CapOne for at least 6 months, I'd send an email to the EO (get the address through web search) and see if they will increase it to $5000 (they will counter if they think that is too high, plus it is a soft pull to do it).  Then garden for at least 6 months.  You are off to a good start.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 14 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@AllusiveGold wrote:

Thanks.  Until 12/12 I had only the two BofA cards ..LOL

Message 15 of 17
AllusiveGold

@lg8302ch wrote:

@AllusiveGold wrote:

Thanks.  Until 12/12 I had only the two BofA cards ..LOL

WOW! The limits are insane!

Message 16 of 17
AllusiveGold

@kimmiller112 wrote:

Call the backdoor number for BofA and recon it.  Also, if you have had your CapOne for at least 6 months, I'd send an email to the EO (get the address through web search) and see if they will increase it to $5000 (they will counter if they think that is too high, plus it is a soft pull to do it).  Then garden for at least 6 months.  You are off to a good start.

You know, I would be excited as all get out if they even raised it to 1-2.5k. But the thing is, I had called in a month or so ago (I've had the card for a year and a couple months now?) And when they apparently checked to see if I qualified, I was told I couldn't be approved at that moment. I was supposed to get something in the mail explaining why (we all know what that means), but that never showed up either. I really don't want to part ways with this card as it has helped me get to where I'm at, but with the annual fee and it ONLY being $500, I'm unsure what options I have if any. You can imagine my surprise when I applied for all these other cards and got the CL that I did. I had to ask the lady again for the AMEX card cause I was like, was that $800? I don't know how I qualify for a card at $8,100 but I'm not asking any questions.

Any suggestions for this Capital One card would be great though. I must admit, I have made over $50 in rewards that I used to pay my bill (as I saw the gift cards to be pointless when I could just as well use anything else), but at the same time, having more cards means I'm going to spread out the usage across all of them so that they are at least being active. I'm quite new to this so again, any advice would be appreciated.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.