New forum: Credit Card App Approvals -- 10/25/13

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: New forum: Credit Card App Approvals -- 10/25/13

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Bump

This change will make this forum more bearable.  I stopped visiting as often due to the plethora of "I got approved" posts.  Nothing wrong with that; but I'm interested in credit card rewards and such.  I'm sure there are others that feel the same way.

+1

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 21 of 40
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor
Moved:

Message 22 of 40
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Ever consider a separate forum for the Garden Club? I get so many email notifications in one day, it's ridiculous! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 23 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:
Ever consider a separate forum for the Garden Club? I get so many email notifications in one day, it's ridiculous! Smiley Happy

I'd suggest turning off email notifications for the entire board (or possibly individual thread in this case) and visiting when you have time... that would be rather spammy email Smiley Happy.  Check the thread options, there's a subscribe / unsubscribe link there and I suspect you're subscribed, or could be at the board level too.

Alternatively can view them under "My Settings" and the subscription tab.

--Rev

        
Message 24 of 40
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I may be in the minority, but I prefer how it was.

Message 25 of 40
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Just a thought

Change name to substantiate the difference

CREDIT CARD TO CREDIT CARD ADVICE

Something like that, yes. And don't declines belong with approvals? As in what has already taken place vs not yet.

Message 26 of 40
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I prefer how it was.

I'm with you.  I think it is too difficult to guage what belongs and what doesn't and this needlessly separates two related fora.  If, however, I were to concentrate on removing things from the credit card forum, it wouldn't have been credit card approval threads.  There is too much in the credit card forum that belongs in smorgasborg.  For example, do we really need a thread every month letting me know that some credit card, e.g., Walmart Discover, that promises a monthly FICO has done exactly what it promises and put up the monthly FICO scores.  Now, I understand that the mods are too busy to be moving things like that around all the time, so it's not something I exactly lose sleep over.  But those are the types of threads I would have concentrated on if I was going to try to de-clutter the credit card forum.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, many things are candidates for moving, but I do think this change can be helpful.   Being totally unaware of social nicities (I was raised by a family of garden slugs), I really don't care that someone I don't know with scores nothing like mine, did or did not get a particlar card.   And I care even less to read other people I don't know congratulating that person I don't know (and they don't know) in some sickening group hug etc.  

Now if there had been a convention in the title, e.g. "I got card X" or "Declined for card X", or "Those evil scum at X denied me a CLI" it wouldn't an issue as I could skip them.  But usually the threads looked like any other, e.g. title was "Card X" and if card X is of interest to me, I would open it (and then get mad.)   So moving them to another forum is equivalent to putting a convention on thread titles, so I think it is a Good Thing.

Message 28 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Walt_K

The Credit Card Forum is the busiest board here at myFICO. Keeping threads to credit card related matters is our ultimate goal.
It became apparent that certain things were getting lost in the board and a change was needed.

The separate forum allows for easier searching for approvals and CLI's and is a work in progress.

Perhaps, we can spin off a sub forum for the monthly TU/EQ scores from various lenders. We are always open to suggestions and ideas to make your visit to the myfico - user friendly.
Message 29 of 40
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

just a thought...why not create sub boards like i believe you are saying but seperate threads based on subject....cli's,  approval criteria,  recon's,  or something to this effect? while saying this keep in mind that although i recently joined this site, i have been viewing these threadsnce for around two years and they have helped me substantially.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.