Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy with ?'s

tag
ce1980

New guy with ?'s

Hello,

A little about myself:

In my 30's single and make(Listen to this) make about $12,000 yes $12,000 a year income.

Credit cards

CITI Slate CL $500

CITI Diamond Preferred CL. $2500

Chase Freedom      CL. $3000

Discover Rewards   CL. $4500

I would like to add that I have a student loan and a low rate (4.9%) car note.

Now please keep in mind I am not here to gloat, but rather find an explanation as to why I have been blessed with credit,while I see others in

a better financial situation, yet their struggling to get approved for cc.

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Re: New guy with ?'s

Uhm. Luck? This seems like gloating even though you're saying it's not.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ce1980 wrote:

Hello,

A little about myself:

In my 30's single and make(Listen to this) make about $12,000 yes $12,000 a year income.

Credit cards

CITI Slate CL $500

Just app for US Bank Platinum visa CL. $5000

American Express Gold CL.$?? Its sound a little foolish but I just wanted to see if they would approve member I never activated due too annual fees

Now please keep in mind I am not here to gloat, but rather find an explanation as to why I have been blessed with credit,while I see others in

Thank you

1. if you don't close the amex rather you activate it or not you have it... The gold card also usually comes with first year AF Free so take a look at that.

2. income is a VERY little role in rather you can obtain credit or not and you are a perfect example of that... you just need to handle credit responsibly and the banks don't care if you make $12k or $112k... of course you make $112k and you can put another couple grand through your credit cards each month and pay them like you do with probably just a couple hundred dollars of use and you would see your limits grow form $4k to $24k (not for sure, just a wide example of it all)

Message 3 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Go ahead and gloat OP. It's not disrespectful in the least, and in fact if you ask me that's spectacular, and if you're managing those cards on time with periodic/regular useage it only proves that you're quite capable despite the present income level.
Message 4 of 14
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Out of curiosity did you really put 12k as your income on your applications? 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 5 of 14
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

What they said, heck feel great that you have what you have.  Most importantly, continue to treat them nicely.  As was previously said, the Amex typically come with the first year AF waived so take it for a spin and see how you like it.  You now have Amex backdating which is a nice thing to have.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 6 of 14
Chris679
Established Contributor

Like many things in life credit not always about what you do right as much as what you don't do wrong. If you've never made mistakes and handled your business then income doesn't matter.
Message 7 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@ce1980 wrote:

Hello,

A little about myself:

Credit cards

CITI Slate CL $500

Just app for US Bank Platinum visa CL. $5000

American Express Gold CL.$?? Its sound a little foolish but I just wanted to see if they would approve member I never activated due too annual fees

Thank you

Welcometo myFICO. I think if you had the Centurion card, it would definitely be gloating...lol. Good luck on your credit journey.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Also OP......

Welcome To The Forums!
Message 9 of 14
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Doesn't seem to me like OP is gloating. But definitely you've got a nice setup there, for all your limited income.

My income's above $12k -- but still pretty meager, and I've also got a nice array of cards with healthy CLs. As others have said, it's all about good management -- and time. You pay your bills steadily year after year, you live within your means and don't go maxing out your cards, and banks love you.

It may not seem like it when you're 19 and going for your first secured card, but in time they love you.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.