Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New job wants me to leave garden

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: New job wants me to leave garden

If your company is anything like mine, you'll need to bite the bullet and the the corp card.  Mine is tied directly into the expense reporting system.  But, when I got my corp card,t hey didn't pull my credit and I didn't apply directly with AMEX, it was simply through my corporate office.  I'd go ahead and get it.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 11 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Any new TL will kick you out of the garden. HPs for the purposes of seeking employment will not kick you out.
Message 12 of 31
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

AMEX did NOT HP my wife when she got her corporate card- and to the best of my knowledge it doesn't report on her CRs.

Message 13 of 31
codimom
Frequent Contributor

@kmorr2586 wrote:

AMEX did NOT HP my wife when she got her corporate card- and to the best of my knowledge it doesn't report on her CRs.

mine does not.... and won't unless I don't pay it.  they will report negative info in a hearbeat.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 14 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

It didn't result in a HP for me when I was told to get a corporate card. Depending on the company policy, you may be able to put company expenses on your personal cards and then file for reimbursement later on. It's a little more work having to submit receipts and in rare occasions having to explain certain charges, but it's well worth it for the rewards. Some companies however will insist on all company expenses being put on their corporate cards just to make it easier for accounting purposes.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 31
travisp33
Contributor

FWIW - I have a HP for an AMEX Corp card. But my company does nothing right, so I am not suprised. Getting a CLI when they asked me to spend 50+% of my time onsite was like pulling teeth.

Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 16 of 31
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Called Amex. CSR said it could be either hard or soft pull depending on how you apply for card. If your company's program manager fills out app and submits it then soft. If you personally apply online via company access number then it would be hard. My company makes you fill out app via access number so it will be hard pull.

I'm going to wait as long as I can and when they force me to app I'm going to dual app with Amex (SPG or true earnings) and app for hilton honors citi card. If I'm leaving garden I'm leaving garden.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 31
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:
Called Amex. CSR said it could be either hard or soft pull depending on how you apply for card. If your company's program manager fills out app and submits it then soft. If you personally apply online via company access number then it would be hard. My company makes you fill out app via access number so it will be hard pull.

I'm going to wait as long as I can and when they force me to app I'm going to dual app with Amex (SPG or true earnings) and app for hilton honors citi card. If I'm leaving garden I'm leaving garden.

Everyone on these forums knows that I'm a huge advocate for gardening. But if you need to add a card because your employer insists on it, then you need to do what you need to do. Employment takes precedence over gardening recognitions. Best wishes to you with your new job.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 31
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks Tinuviel. I'll apply as its required by company but I would like to have 1 month to get my UTIL a little more under control. My scores are still good just higher than I wanted UTIL.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 31
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Thanks Tinuviel. I'll apply as its required by company but I would like to have 1 month to get my UTIL a little more under control. My scores are still good just higher than I wanted UTIL.

Strange that it would be a pull. I guess it depends on how large the organization is that you started working for. For the consulting company I work for, I submitted an application online (using a link provided by my employer) and proceeded with it as if it would be like any other type of application. Resulted in no pull on my credit. But then again, using the corporate amex is an explicit requirement of my continued employment ;-)

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.