Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member! Quicksilver one credit limit increase "stuck"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New member! Quicksilver one credit limit increase "stuck"

This is my first post in the forum, thanks for any advice! 

I got my first credit card at 19, a quicksilver one. Started with a limit of $300, now up to $3,150. Unfortunately over the last 2 years I haven't been able to receive a limit increase. A very generic something along the lines of "this account is not available for an increase at this time"  reply is what I've received for the last approx 7 limit increase requests.

I called and spoke with a representative about the situation, which she transfered me to a manager. Which wasn't much help, pretty much said he has no idea why they are not approving the increase, that everything looks good.

I considered upgrading to a Quicksilver to get out of the $39 annual fee, but the rep only offered me an upgrade to Venture. The QS 1.5% cash back is much better suited to me than the ventures 1.25 miles as I rarely fly. 

I don't want to close the account cause it is my oldest account, but I don't want to keep paying the annual fee, and being stuck at my CL is inconvenient.

Considering "upgrading" to the Venture just to get out of the annual fee, and to keep the credit history on the account of the QS. putting the card in the back of my wallet to never/rarely be used.

I'm looking for a card with a much higher limit /room for growth, seems like I have outgrown my QS.

Any suggestions /advice? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: New member! Quicksilver one credit limit increase "stuck"

Most people will PC to the venture one, then PC to Quicksilver later to get out of the AF.

As for growth, you're not going to see much with cap1. You need to post your stats so people can better guide you. By default, the regular recommendations are amex, disco, and NFCU if eligible.

Message 2 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Also, welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums OP! I agree you should upgrade. It ends the AF, and you can most likely switch to QS in 6 months. That time will go fast! That's what I did.

Some DP have shown that using 35% of limit for 4 consecutive months will trigger CLI. Not a guarantee, and YMMV.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to look into how to add the stats shortly. In summary my CS is 750ish, I have only 2 cards, a Quicksilver one, and a SavorOne. Oldest account is roughly 8 years. Total available credit between the two is $6,150.

Looking to increase my total available credit 

Message 5 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll have to look into how to add the stats shortly. In summary my CS is 750ish, I have only 2 cards, a Quicksilver one, and a SavorOne. Oldest account is roughly 8 years. Total available credit between the two is $6,150.

Looking to increase my total available credit 

You don't need to add them, just post them like you did. Credit scores, inquiries, derogatories, time since last approval, age of credit, types of credit, etc.

Reason for it is some lenders can be particular when it comes to account opening, inquiries, and so on and so forth.

Message 6 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

OP, did you mean Venture One (no af) or Venture ($95 af)?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture one, no annual fee 

Message 8 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Venture one, no annual fee 

If you pc to Venture1 you can take those pts. and credit your acct.  Then like 6 months later perhaps (maybe sooner) you can pc to Quicksilver.  Who knows, maybe pc-ing to V1 will net you a cli soon.  I didn't wait, I app'd for another card cause I was sure mine (QS plat) was bucketed. Dh, on the other hand,  pc'd QS1 to Venture1 then to QS all within 12 months.  Now he gets some nice cli's...last one being $3k.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to pc to the venture1 in hopes to pc to the QS soon, and hopefully some dang CLI in the near future!

Thanks for the advice yall 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.