Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New product from PenFed. Potential for 2% Cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New product from PenFed. Potential for 2% Cashback

Sorry if this has already been posted.  The wifi at DFW is creeping along so I wasn't able to search.  PenFed Power Cash Rewards

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New product from PenFed. Potential for 2% Cashback

Just was told about this... 1.5% if no checking or military service otherwise if you have checking and/or military you get 2% CB with no AF..  Not a bad option for those looking for a 2% card with no AF.  Seems like alot more CC companies are figuring out how to do 2% cards.

Message 2 of 38
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

PenFed Launched A New Card --- 1.5% to 2% CashBack Visa Signature

I was going online today to pay my bills and saw this on the home page. I checked out the "Compare Cards" link and noticed (2) things. The CashRewards Visa (5% Gas Card) is no longer showing online and was replaced (possibly) with a new 1.5% CashBack card. Albeit 1.5% is nothing special these days, I'm wondering if that means they are discontinuing the 5% Gas card which I do have or if they are grandfathering those account holders and it's simply not available to new customers, or if at some point they are going to PC those into this 1.5% card?? Just wondering...thoughts?

*it does say in the ad "See how easy it is to earn 2% cash back" and when digging in i found "Get .05% More Cash Back (bringing it up to a 2% card) with our PenFed Honors Advantage Program" - but i'm not quite sure what that is and it didnt say much on how to get that. Anybody know what that is?

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 11.29.20 AM.png

Message 3 of 38
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted.  The wifi at DFW is creeping along so I wasn't able to search.  PenFed Power Cash Rewards

I literally just found this and put a post as well. lol...small world

Message 4 of 38
happypill
Valued Contributor

Do they offer a fee-free checking account like many CUs?  If so, this is a pretty solid product.  It seems like Penfed really has a good idea of how to set up their cards to make them attractive to consumers.  I'd definitely consider one if checking accounts are free.

Message 5 of 38
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Launched A New Card --- 1.5% to 2% CashBack Visa Signature

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! My PRVS was on the chopping block, now I can pc to this one! Good info! 

Message 7 of 38
Blodreina
Established Contributor

I think the rewards redemption policy will determine if it's worth checking out.  I have two 2% cards.  Blispay has some limitations being a startup, and the Double Cash has a $25 redemption minimum.  If this card has no redemption minimum, it'd be a pretty good option for those that can/will qualify for 2%.  The lower interest rate bracket also makes it appealing (9.24 to 17.99%).

Message 8 of 38
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

So, you don't have to be a member to apply or do you have to do a donation to PenFed first?

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm, and it is perdy too.....Does anybody know if we would be able to PC an existing card into this?

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.