Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New profession with current accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New profession with current accounts

I recently completed my schooling and have started a new profession. I was wondering do I need to call my lenders and banks I have a checking account with to notify them. I am making more money now and I didn’t know if the higher income would raise flags or they think I was working my former job.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Re: New profession with current accounts

What is your end result? I havent even thought about doing that when making more money at a job or switching professions.

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of the banks I use have a feature to update your income. The financial institution will be fine if you start making more money. They only care if you are depositing and withdrawing large amounts of cash at a time. If you update your income, they will probably increase your credit limits to accord with your new cash flow.

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently completed my schooling and have started a new profession. I was wondering do I need to call my lenders and banks I have a checking account with to notify them. I am making more money now and I didn’t know if the higher income would raise flags or they think I was working my former job.

Message 3 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently completed my schooling and have started a new profession. (Congratulation on the new job and completing you schooling)  I was wondering do I need to call my lenders and banks I have a checking account with to notify them.  I am making more money now and I didn’t know if the higher income would raise flags or they think I was working my former job.  (The checking & savings account Bank or CU will see the larger deposits and spend but usually don't care about your income level. The CC issuers like to know your income, this is one of the factors that your CL is based on. Letting them know about your current earnings will help you get CL increases and some lenders even ask every year for it to be updated. Many have a link from your CC account page to update however some still require you to call in and speak to a person. The higher income will only help grow your credit scores, and CL's.)

Message 4 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@ToughFistFight wrote:
What is your end result? I havent even thought about doing that when making more money at a job or switching professions.

For CC issuers only, notification of a higher income can sometimes trigger an auto increase.  Even if it doesn't it will be in the banks database for the next account CL increase checking routine run.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.