cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

I recently applied for the Elan Financial Services ADVANCE CARE Select Rewards Platinum Reward Visa.

Once I acknowledged the terms (APR, rates, fees, grace periods, etc) I was presented with a standard application.  Once I submitted, I got back an OFFER of credit approval that showed the approved CL, the APR for purchases and cash.

Below the offer, it asked if I wished to ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer. 

I declined, because the APR was too high and CL was only $2000, and I was curious to see if this TL would show up if I declined.

They pulled hard on EX.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

bummer, a wasted inq Smiley Sad
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

It should not appear on your CR so it won't affect your AAoA or new account ding on your score.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

what was your score to get that approval? util?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.