Did you mean: 

New time-limited FNBO BucksBack VISA offer with 2% cashback at 11% V

tag
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

Re: New time-limited FNBO BucksBack VISA offer with 2% cashback at 11% V

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

I called the "credit team" and they told me each application is reviewed manually for this card. Should have a decision by the middle of next week he said. I'll post the results.

So any update? Did you receive decision in mail?

I apologize for the late response. I was denied. They denied me based solely on too many inquiries. I have 23 on my Experian report. They didn't state any other reason. I even asked to have a second person give it another look and it was still denied. Too bad. It would have been a good card to have.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 91 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celticslegends wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

I called the "credit team" and they told me each application is reviewed manually for this card. Should have a decision by the middle of next week he said. I'll post the results.

I apologize for the late response. I was denied. They denied me based solely on too many inquiries. I have 23 on my Experian report. They didn't state any other reason. I even asked to have a second person give it another look and it was still denied. Too bad. It would have been a good card to have.

That is quite a lot.... Smiley Tongue

Message 92 of 110
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@celticslegends wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

FNBO sees all inqs you have as they are an ARS/IDA puller

Message 93 of 110
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

That is quite a lot.... Smiley Tongue

I guess so. Not sure what to do moving forward. Most lenders are pulling Experian lately. I have some things to take care of after Jan 1st and will have to have at least one more pull on Experian.

Any advice from anyone on here? Should I just sit tight for another 2 years and do nothing?

Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 94 of 110
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

What does ARS/IDA puller mean? I've never heard of that before. Thanks.

Message 95 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celticslegends wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

Those two are other CRAs. They are secondary CRAs. Lenders will usually pull the three primary CRAs (TU/EQ/EX), but some will pull these two, IDA/ARS. An example of another lender that does this is US Bank. 

Message 96 of 110
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

ARS and IDA are second tier credit reporting agencies... FNBO pulls (orders credit reports/scores and acts on them) from both.

Search the forums here and you'll find how to get your annual report (they don't participate in annualcreditreport.com) and (optionally) freeze your reports or place fraud reports on them. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 97 of 110
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

ARS and IDA are second tier credit reporting agencies... FNBO pulls (orders credit reports/scores and acts on them) from both.

Search the forums here and you'll find how to get your annual report (they don't participate in annualcreditreport.com) and (optionally) freeze your reports or place fraud reports on them. 

Thank you for this information. I had no idea who they were. After doing some quick digging, I am going to freeze both reports. There is already enough information on me on all 3 bureaus. No more databases. Thanks again for your help with this. Perhaps I will reapply for this card before the month is through. 

Message 98 of 110
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

Thank you for this information. I had no idea who they were. After doing some quick digging, I am going to freeze both reports. There is already enough information on me on all 3 bureaus. No more databases. Thanks again for your help with this. Perhaps I will reapply for this card before the month is through. 

Happy to help. I saw a major ruckus about them when I joined these forums just under two years ago... requested reports one day and requested freezes the next. I am unaware[1] of any negative results of that decision to freeze. 

Given that they're niche but not boutique, I'd like to see them participate on annualcreditreport so more people will know they're there. 

[1] Obviously a bank could have seen the freeze on ARS/IDA and rejected a CLI or something, and not told me it was because of ARS/IDA...no way to know either way with that. But nobody's asked me to unfreeze the reports. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 99 of 110
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

Happy to help. I saw a major ruckus about them when I joined these forums just under two years ago... requested reports one day and requested freezes the next. I am unaware[1] of any negative results of that decision to freeze. 

Given that they're niche but not boutique, I'd like to see them participate on annualcreditreport so more people will know they're there. 

[1] Obviously a bank could have seen the freeze on ARS/IDA and rejected a CLI or something, and not told me it was because of ARS/IDA...no way to know either way with that. But nobody's asked me to unfreeze the reports. Smiley Happy 

I froze both ARS and IDA (Sagestream) this week. Since that is now complete, do you think I stand a better chance of getting approved by FNBO? I would like your input, or anyone else that knows about them. It's been 2 months since I applied for the card. I would like to get it before the December 31st deadline.  Thanks.

Message 100 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.