cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to credit cards and credit score.

tag
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: New to credit cards and credit score.

Yes, you are getting it. I don't know what any reference to 7/13 may have been. You haven't had the account open long enough to have already missed a payment have you? (As they said your due date will be the 13th of each month) They would have had to send you a previous statement and bill to be due on 7/13.

Anyway if you have online account access on 7/19 or 7/20 you should be able to see what they have reported to the credit bureaus on your account. And somewhere on there it will probably tell you when your August statement date will be. I don't have Wells Fargo for anything so I can't tell you where to look.

And you are correct. Anything you charge on 7/20 or after will have no effect until the August statement. Just make sure to pay down to whatever you want to report about 3 days before your August statement date (approx. 08/19 but if you can't find it on your July statement you can call customer service and they will be able to tell you.)

As I said before, read the articles under the Education tab, and just keep reading posts, you'll be a FICO genius (geek) in no time.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 32
Steph217

Re: New to credit cards and credit score.

thanks again, it makes sence. all this is real tricky. i now the 7/13 make no sence this is gonna be my first bill. i cant still see anything on my online services hopefully i will soon, But how tricky are they that the statement day is way before i get any bill so basically if i dont know it they report a lot of utilization!!! ..... if i cant see on time my statement day i will have to call wells fargo every month for the rest of my like lol.... thanks again.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.