Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum, looking for high credit limits

tag
businessasusual
New Visitor

New to forum, looking for high credit limits

I'm new here. I need some help.

When doing an app spree, do you do it mostly online or do you call?

When applying for more than one card with the same company, do you do it at the same time over the phone, or separately online?

Which cards tend to give higher credit limits?

How many should I apply to? Should I do it all in one day? The introductory 0% interest would be great!

I'm starting a business and need the credit cards to get me going, so I need high credit limits. I will be able to pay them all back within 15 months. I'm going to apply for a loan, but I may need cc if I can't get full loan amount.

Some thinking of applying to a few of the following:

USAA (don't know which card)

NFCU (don't know which card)

Citi Simplicity

Citi Diamond Preferred

Bank of America (Don't know which one)

Citi Thank You

Discover It

Capital One Platinum Prestige

US Bank Platinum

Not sure which ones to apply to, but all of them have introductory 0% except the 1st 2. The 2 most important factors are high limit and low interest.

Any advice? Was thinking of doing 2 or 3 of them.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
businessasusual
New Visitor

Re: New to forum, looking for high credit limits

Oh, extra info...  Only cards I have, amex with about a 2k balance and a chase with a 3k limit and a 0 balance (but still reporting a 1300 balance from last statement), 6 figure income and excellent credit

Message 2 of 28
dpechal
Regular Contributor

If your in the military or military affiliated these are your best options:

USAA AMEX OR WORLD MASTER CARD

NFCU FLAGSHIP VISA SIGNATURE

Both will start you with higher than average limits and you can request a CLI on your NFCU if you don't approve of it before you get the card.  I did this two days ago, went from 10k to 15.5k, again, I don't even have the card yet.  Also got approved for the Nav Check with a CL of 15k.  So if your looking for high credit limits.  NFCU might your best option as it is an easy 30k "Based on your creditworthiness of course!!". 

EDIT:  My Fico scores are all low 700's with an average of 5 inq on each at time of applying w/ NFCU

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 3 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@dpechal wrote:

If your in the military or military affiliated these are your best options:

USAA AMEX OR WORLD MASTER CARD

NFCU FLAGSHIP VISA SIGNATURE

Both will start you with higher than average limits and you can request a CLI on your NFCU if you don't approve of it before you get the card.  I did this two days ago, went from 10k to 15.5k, again, I don't even have the card yet.  Also got approved for the Nav Check with a CL of 15k.  So if your looking for high credit limits.  NFCU might your best option as it is an easy 30k "Based on your creditworthiness of course!!". 

Thank you so much for replying!!! I see people applying for more than 1 card with the same bank. Should I try that? Or do 1 with each of them?

Message 4 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

Also, do I need to wait until the 0 balance on the Chase hits the credit reports? Will the $1300 balance hurt me that is still being reported?

Message 5 of 28
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Some people have referred to this method as the "Trifecta"

with NFCU it is were you apply for the Flagship Visa, the NavCheck overdraft LOC and the Cash Rewards card.  If you max everything out it is an instant $65,000 Credit.  Given the Flagship is approved @ 25k the Rewards @ 25k and the NavCheck @15k.  It is doable and many of users have done it.

Message 6 of 28
dpechal
Regular Contributor

My utl at time of applying was around 40% so you should be good to go. 

Message 7 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@dpechal wrote:

Some people have referred to this method as the "Trifecta"

@with NFCU it is were you apply for the Flagship Visa, the NavCheck overdraft LOC and the Cash Rewards card.  If you max everything out it is an instant $65,000 Credit.  Given the Flagship is approved @ 25k the Rewards @ 25k and the NavCheck @15k.  It is doable and many of users have done it.

Do I call in and tell them representative I want to apply for all 3? Or do I do them separately online? I'm also going to apply for a personal loan through USAA, should I do the loan first or the Credit cards?

Message 8 of 28
dpechal
Regular Contributor

I did mine seperately online, I was instantly approved for the Flagship but received the 3-5 message on the LOC, I called them an hour later and it was approved.  For your case i'd apply for each individually and if you get a 3-5 message which is normal call them before to get confirmation it is approved than continue.  "OR" you can just apply for all three and occasionally check your status online, without even having to call them.

In regards to your personal loan.  You need to apply FIRST to the one that is most important to you than continue from there.

Message 9 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@dpechal wrote:

I did mine seperately online, I was instantly approved for the Flagship but received the 3-5 message on the LOC, I called them an hour later and it was approved.  For your case i'd apply for each individually and if you get a 3-5 message which is normal call them before to get confirmation it is approved than continue.  "OR" you can just apply for all three and occasionally check your status online, without even having to call them.

In regards to your personal loan.  You need to apply FIRST to the one that is most important to you than continue from there.

Crapola! Smiley Happy I don't know which is more important. I have no clue what we will be approved for with the personal loan. We are applying through USAA though. I guess, I will have to guess... As far as the credit cards,do you have a suggested order? I guess the ones with the potentisal for higher limits...

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.