Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forums just approved for AMEX blue cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to forums just approved for AMEX blue cash

thrasher865 wrote:
Thanks, I understand this card is definitely a PIFer.  I was just making sure that I wouldnt acrue any finance charges no matter what as long as I PIF once a month.

Yes, I understand.  What I'm getting at is that you have to pay the new balance in full by the due date on the statement, and if you do that you will avoid finance charges of any kind.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do ever BT to AMEX, try not to BT close to the CL.
My co-worker just got a FR because he BT $4000 / $5000CL.
He ignored their request and account was closed by AMEX.
Right now he is paying the balance off on a closed account.
He said they still honored the 0% even after the account was closed.
Told him that will look bad on his CR since account was closed by credit grantor with a balance.

Message 22 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do ever BT to AMEX, try not to BT close to the CL.
My co-worker just got a FR because he BT $4000 / $5000CL.
He ignored their request and account was closed by AMEX.
Right now he is paying the balance off on a closed account.
He said they still honored the 0% even after the account was closed.
Told him that will look bad on his CR since account was closed by credit grantor with a balance.

They really are nuts. Smiley Tongue

They need to put a Valium drip into their water coolers or something.

At any rate, good point. I wouldn't use more than half the CL for a BT. They have a very unique angle on what "credit limit" actually means.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 28
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

I got approved today too for Blue cash with an 8K limit !!! I am shocked considering they will give me no love whatsoever on my delta skymiles card. 

I cant believe I got this high of a credit limit its my highest ever, this is what paying all your bills on time every time does for you. And to think I had a fico score of 560 last september and now im in the 670's.

Now only if they would lower my hooters interest rate and bump up the limit I would actually use the card.
Message 24 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ah, well, this is how Hooters starts getting the message. Buy some wings, PIF it, and throw it back in the drawer.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 28
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Huh?  What about hooters?

Anyway, sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm hesitant to make new ones.  I'm watching scorewatch and wondering how long should this account take to post to my CR?  I'm anxious to see what it does to my score with the decreased utilization but the added account and probably lower avg age.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:
I'm watching scorewatch and wondering how long should this account take to post to my CR? I'm anxious to see what it does to my score with the decreased utilization but the added account and probably lower avg age.

It should start reporting around 30 days from the close of your first statement. Amex runs a month behind in reporting.
Message 27 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't know if it's different for Blue vs the charge cards, but mine didn't show up for 2+ months. The good thing about this, I guess, is that when it does show up, it's no longer shiny new.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.