cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (under 13 mnths old) Blue customers can now PC to Blue Cash Everyday?

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

Re: New (under 13 mnths old) Blue customers can now PC to Blue Cash Everyday?

It also depends on the mix of cards that you have. If you have a generic cash back rebate card that offers at least 1.25% percent (e.g., Fid Amex, BOA Accelerated Rewards), but do a lot of grocery shopping then the Amex Blue Cash Pref is the right one for you. I would combine this with other cards that are specific to a purchase category. For example, Citiforward for restaurant/entertainment/amazon and Discover for the 5% on rotating. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just logged into AMEX and the PC is showing on my on-line account already.
Instead of the plain blue it now says Everyday Blue.
Message 12 of 18
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats awesome, I really really want to PC my Blue Cash to the Blue Cash Preferred, I wonder if thats possible? Today is my 60th day with my Blue Cash and I just called in for a CLI and got it.

2000 to 6000, I think I'll wait a few weeks and call to see if I can PC, Thanks for this info!!

And Congratulations BTW!!!

I believe, because of the CARD Act, that you can't switch to a card with a higher annual fee in the first year (or 13 months).

Message 13 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats awesome, I really really want to PC my Blue Cash to the Blue Cash Preferred, I wonder if thats possible? Today is my 60th day with my Blue Cash and I just called in for a CLI and got it.

2000 to 6000, I think I'll wait a few weeks and call to see if I can PC, Thanks for this info!!

And Congratulations BTW!!!

I believe, because of the CARD Act, that you can't switch to a card with a higher annual fee in the first year (or 13 months).

This is so true, I did a product change today from the blue and wanted the preferred card instead it was a no go until 13 months had passed so I just went with the everyday card for now

Also, with can anyone answer with the cash rebate is it a statement credit you get at the end of the year, or can you opt for check payment to yourself thanks for any information.?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 18
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I believe you can request a statement credit at any time if you have at least $25 in rewards earnings.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New (under 13 mnths old) Blue customers can now PC to Blue Cash Everyday

Could someone please PM me the Email address that you used to ask for the PC.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Message 16 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Mustanglvr2006, you can also talk to customer service for a PC that is what I did , also I have the same idea as you to want the preferred card instead, but my plan is just to use the everday card for now and in another 6 months call and upgrade to the preferred card 13 months will be up then, and I will not have to waste an inquiry, believe me time goes by very quicklySmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Mustanglvr2006, you can also talk to customer service for a PC that is what I did , also I have the same idea as you to want the preferred card instead, but my plan is just to use the everyday card for now and in another 6 months call and upgrade to the preferred card 13 months will be up then, and I will not have to waste an inquiry, believe me time goes by very quicklySmiley Wink

Thank you tray for the reply, the reason I asked for the Email is because I have been PMing with another Fico member who tried calling to PC to the everyday and she was told that she needed to wait 13 months, maybe the Rep she spoke with just did not know about the ability to PC, who knows, that and another member earlier in this thread said he recommended Emailing rather than calling.

I'm just trying to help out this member I've been PMing with, maybe she should try calling and speaking with another AmEx Rep? But having that Email would be good backup as well.

Thank you again tray, I greatly appreciate your reply.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.