cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New years resolution about to be broken!!!!

tag
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

New years resolution about to be broken!!!!

I have been wanting a "real" credit card for about 3 years. I currently have three cap1's, orchard bank, and a credit union cc (just got this one two months ago).  When I got the credit union cc i was extremely happy and vowed i wouldnt app again until all of my baddies fall of (around 09/2012). Today i go to check the mail and lo and behold what do i see.........a shiny invitation from discover !!!!! This is the moment I have been waiting for (besides the invite form amex Smiley Happy). Should i take the hit and dump orchard or stick to my guns...............oh decisions.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Re: New years resolution about to be broken!!!!

I got the same invite last week ........I am really trying to hold out too !!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
joestay
Frequent Contributor

An invitation doesn't guarantee an approval.  Do you want to take the chance of getting a hard pull and nothing in return?

Message 3 of 11
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@joestay wrote:

An invitation doesn't guarantee an approval.  Do you want to take the chance of getting a hard pull and nothing in return?

Nevermind.....its in the shredder. Gonna stick to my guns Smiley Wink. Nice to know im on their radar though. Had to do some serious soul searching on that one lol!!!

Message 4 of 11
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I would wait it out if, based on my recent experience with Discover. Discover seems to be more pickier than AMEX IMO.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

It's only the 4th.......
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 11
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

woooo!!!  Saved another member from falling off the wagon.  Good teamwork!!!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I have been wanting a "real" credit card for about 3 years. I currently have three cap1's, orchard bank, and a credit union cc (just got this one two months ago)"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP:  I'm curious w'hy you don't consider Cap One to be a "real" credit card?  I have a Platinum card from them and considering I don't bank with them or give them any business (savings, etc.) , they've given me a generous CL.  IMHO it is a real credit card.

Message 8 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"I have been wanting a "real" credit card for about 3 years. I currently have three cap1's, orchard bank, and a credit union cc (just got this one two months ago)"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP:  I'm curious w'hy you don't consider Cap One to be a "real" credit card?  I have a Platinum card from them and considering I don't bank with them or give them any business (savings, etc.) , they've given me a generous CL.  IMHO it is a real credit card.

My guess would be that you have the platinum card with a generous CL, and the OP has the lower rebuilder cards. If you have excellent credit, Cap One does give you a nice CL. But if you are in the process of rebuilding, then you will get the lower CL cards from Cap One. These are the type of cards that will probably never reach a CL that you may have with your platinum card. Thats my guess. I have two Cap One cards, one secured. The other is unsecured with a low limit and is in the credit steps program. So it is a real credit card, just a low CL rebuilder card that will be closed once I qualify for higher limit cards.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay strong!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.