Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question for experienced CSP cardholders

tag
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Newbie question for experienced CSP cardholders

I just got approved for CSP @ $11.6k, and I'm new to having rewards cards. Every two weeks or so I travel for work. I'm able to use my personal cards to book the travel. Is there any benefit of booking through Chase, or can I book through the Airlines directly and still reap the same rewards? FWIW, I'm reimbursed as soon as I return to the office, and they don't care about me getting rewards, miles, points, cash back, etc.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Newbie question for experienced CSP cardholders

@xsvspd wrote:

@I just got approved for CSP @ $11.6k, and I'm new to having rewards cards. Every two weeks or so I travel for work. I'm able to use my personal cards to book the travel. Is there any benefit of booking through Chase, or can I book through the Airlines directly and still reap the same rewards? FWIW, I'm reimbursed as soon as I return to the office, and they don't care about me getting rewards, miles, points, cash back, etc.

They offer a discount if you *redeem* UR points while booking through them. I haven't tried booking normal travel through them - it's not like Amex where they will give you a bonus just for booking through them.

For booking, you may want to try to go through their UR mall. They have links for Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, etc, which will tend to get you bonus points. They routinely run bigger bonus offers for Hotels.com - 3x or 5x points.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.