Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport News as first credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newport News as first credit card

I was preapproved for and received a Newport News card as my only credit card although the site clearly states that you must have a major credit card to be approved.  Here's to rebuilding my credit!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newport News as first credit card

Congratulations!!!

Good luck in rebuilding your credit!!!
Message 2 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

great job!! congrats
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

wow pyshic-
just noticed your credit scores in your siggie and they are awesome!!wow highest i think i've ever seen
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 10
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

WTG. What is your CL and terms if you don't mind sharing with us
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try Orchard Bank who will not only report to all Bureaus monthly but will also increase your line of credit after you make 3 consecutive monthly payments...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The interest rate is obviously outrageous at 22.9% with a $250 CL.  It's a start.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. That's why you should try ORchard Bank. They are the "bad credit" card company.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I know, but I don't have bad credit, just no revolving accounts.  Orchard only prequalifies me for a card with a $79 AF, which is a bit exorbitant for me.  I think I can get something better.
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Is there a Macy's in your area? I read a post earlier by a member who got a Macy's card immediately after arriving in the US, before he even had a SSN.

Lots of members here adore their Macy's cards!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.