Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Card?

Thank you I completely get that and appreciate your input. After everyone's input, I think I am going to go with the CFU. The 3% first year on all purchases is honestly a great feature. Thank you again.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My oldest card is right under 2 years old at the moment. I will look into the Freedom cards.

What are your thoughts on trying to go for a United Explorer/MileagePlus card or the Marriot Bonvoy cards? I fly with United enough that I was thinking some of the benefits would be helpful for me. What are your thoughts on any of these cards?

How many flights do you book on United each year? How much total spend?

How many nights do you book at Marriot properties each year? How much total spend?

Message 22 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My oldest card is right under 2 years old at the moment. I will look into the Freedom cards.

What are your thoughts on trying to go for a United Explorer/MileagePlus card or the Marriot Bonvoy cards? I fly with United enough that I was thinking some of the benefits would be helpful for me. What are your thoughts on any of these cards?

How many flights do you book on United each year? How much total spend?

How many nights do you book at Marriot properties each year? How much total spend?

United's domestic bag fee is $30 (+$40 for the second bag). If you don't fly enough to have status, but do check a few bags per year, that can make the AF worthwhile.

The value of Marriott cards depends a bit on the properties at which you stay. 2 or 3 nights at mid-tier properties can make the Brilliant's $450 AF worthwhile. Note the Brilliant is $450 but gets a $300 credit and significantly more options for the renewal night.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on the year. Since January I have spent $1500 on flights and have flown 4 different times, with United. I just earned Silver status at Marriot and have spent 20 nights this year at different Marriot locations. 

I think for the United card might be better for me but I am not sure.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.