Checked mine , 771 not that Citi caresSmiley Wink
Message 61 of 69
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Next Citi card FICO score update?

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just so everyone is aware, Citi account FICO scores just updated with a score generation date of 4/24/18, 15 days ago.  Could be worse, I suppose Smiley Wink

I'm still rockin' the score from 3/27.  Smiley Indifferent

Me too Smiley Frustrated and it's 9:14pmEDT

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 62 of 69
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

OK, this is strange...

On the app I was still showing the 3/27 score so for 'giggles' I checked from my laptop, and what do you know... the updated 4/24 score is there.  It's going in the wrong direction (two points lower), but it's updated.

Then I went back to the app (thinking that my logging in from a PC might have triggered an update) and it's still on 3/27.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Uncle B for this tidbit of info. I logged into laptop too and the score updated -- and WooHoo, I jumped 9 points. I'm assuming because my mortgage reported. And yep, it is still showing the 3/27 date on my iphone.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 63 of 69
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just so everyone is aware, Citi account FICO scores just updated with a score generation date of 4/24/18, 15 days ago.  Could be worse, I suppose Smiley Wink

Woo-hoo!  Just checked and my score updated as of 4/24/18 and my score is showing an increase of 86 points...744 to 830!  Time to ask for a CLI?  Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2GreenThumbs

Woo-hoo!  Just checked and my score updated as of 4/24/18 and my score is showing an increase of 86 points...744 to 830!  Time to ask for a CLI?  Smiley Wink

Sounds like you had a final major negative item come off of EQ?  Nice!

Message 65 of 69
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Whats up with these banks cutting corners everywhere.

CITI seems to update scores a bit longer than after 30 days. Perhaps that cut a 35 day update deal with equifax to save some money.

Same deal with BofA. BofA also loves charging monthly Maintenance fee even though I've a direct deposit setup. I was surprised to hear their reasoning for the fee. "d deposit had to come to the checking, not saving to avoid the maintenance fee".

How hard is it to just take off the fee once a d deposit comes in, regardless of account type. Rather than making customers jump through hoops. Friggin thieves.

Same with savings. Pay a $5 fee if savings fall under 300 any single day of the month. Doesn't matter if I've 300 extra in the checking. Gotta move it around and play the game to avoid the fee.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 66 of 69
GFer
Valued Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy cow, that's a big welcome bump!  Enjoy!  Definitely time to ask somebody! lol

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty simple actually. This ruling of checking versus savings is so common that thee banks of mine are not so hard to keep up with. Always straight the direct deposit to checking or have $1500 everyday. Always keep $300 savings. Once you remember those two, you will never be charged of maintenance fee.

Plus, Discover has no maintenance fee, monthly fee, highest savings APR that I know of, free checks and in my experience the best there is.

@NaaryalHead wrote:
Whats up with these banks cutting corners everywhere.

CITI seems to update scores a bit longer than after 30 days. Perhaps that cut a 35 day update deal with equifax to save some money.

Same deal with BofA. BofA also loves charging monthly Maintenance fee even though I've a direct deposit setup. I was surprised to hear their reasoning for the fee. "d deposit had to come to the checking, not saving to avoid the maintenance fee".

How hard is it to just take off the fee once a d deposit comes in, regardless of account type. Rather than making customers jump through hoops. Friggin thieves.

Same with savings. Pay a $5 fee if savings fall under 300 any single day of the month. Doesn't matter if I've 300 extra in the checking. Gotta move it around and play the game to avoid the fee.

Message 68 of 69
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I'm going to change the D deposit to checking next month.

Also, i'm more happy with my Alliant CU accounts. No maintenance fee and can use it on any atm in the world without any atm few which is wonderful. No more walking half a mile to find bank atm.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.