Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu balance transfer

tag
justanotherquestion
Contributor

Nfcu balance transfer

Quick question, if i add my wife to my nfcu cards csn i then transfer her balances to mine since the rate is lower?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Nfcu balance transfer

@justanotherquestion wrote:

Quick question, if i add my wife to my nfcu cards csn i then transfer her balances to mine since the rate is lower?

Generally lenders wont allow you to balance transfer between their accounts, that counts for all lenders.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Generally lenders wont allow you to balance transfer between their accounts, that counts for all lenders.

Agreed. Adding her as an AU isn't necessary and won't help any.

Lenders won't let you use BTs to pay debts already held by them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Balances at other banks? You can do balance transfers of those accounts right now; no need to add her to your account.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.