Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice Limits, what next

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nice Limits, what next

I used another with Citi, got approved 7k . I want to transfer this limit to my Citi card that already has 24900 limit. I've never done that before

so far I have used 2 hard pulls. One with Macy's, One with Citi.  I will consider a third pull with one of the cards you guys mentioned earlier, CSP?

I am thinking of a Chase Sapphire Preferred and a true AMEX card, for a future AMEX 3x CLI 60 days from after I apply

Message 21 of 28
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Got 10k on Amex Blue

MISSED A CALL FROM CHASE USA UGGGHHHH, no message, call back number is all robotic, called backdoor line and just got "status is still being reviewed" by the robot

I *really* want that Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 22 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:
  •        It would be a real bummer to have say 100 thousand dollars worth of credit and "need" it and find yourself 100k in debt. More credit lines= more risk. I am trying to be helpful. You are an adult and can do whatever you like. I just gave you an honest assesment of my impression of what you wrote. If you don't like my opinion, thats fine. You certainly edon't have to listen to it. You certainly have a higher credit score than I do. I was making a lot of money for a long time and had an income in the mid 6 figures for about a decade. With an income like that and investments I thought nothing could go wrong  and I got into a lot of trouble with over extending myself. I try to help people so they don't have to go through what I went through. I'm trying to help you. Hopefully you can avoid having what happened to me from happening to you. Good luck. I wish  you the best.

More credit lines do not risk, risk is a behavior and if you spend within your means you won't have a problem.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 23 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

call 888 245 0625, this will get you straight to an underwriter.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 24 of 28
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

call 888 245 0625, this will get you straight to an underwriter.

THANK YOU! this worked, my instincts were correct and they were trying to reach me

he told me I have to call "verifications" in the morning because they were closed for the evening, I asked them what for and the guy told me "something something something"

and I said "you ARE an underwriter yourself right?"

"well yeah"

I said "OK?"

"..... well you have been approved and your credit line is 6,000"

AHAHAHA yes.

This puts me just shy of 100k in credit limits, a reality I am content with.  CSP will probably be my main credit card now, even though the limit is one of my lowest for now. I'm "in the garden" for the next 6 months, where I'll then go for a 3x on my AMEX Blue, and see if I can get the CSP into the 5 digits as well. I'll then cancel all of my cards that have 4 digit credit limits.

Message 25 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

The CSP is my 75% card.  I split the other 25% between my two amex cards.

Message 26 of 28
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

"I figured my extra high limits would be useful for paying legal fees and appeals court, if that ever happened."

True, now you're covered if you have bail set at 100k.
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 27 of 28
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@Madman94044 wrote:
"I figured my extra high limits would be useful for paying legal fees and appeals court, if that ever happened."

True, now you're covered if you have bail set at 100k.

EXACTLY, its all about the leverage baby!

I hear bail bondsmen offer 10x leverage, ie. whatever your bail is they'll let you put 10% down.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.