Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice message from Barclays

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Nice message from Barclays

@injustifiiable wrote:

I thought this was gonna be one of those "Account closed, sucker!" posts...hahah.

Congrats to you!

Haha,

That's why i left the suspense in the subject line Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@J2W wrote:
I applied for barclays American airlines and was denied due to inq .. Would like to apply for apple card ...wonder what my odds are ..TU 680 ish

My TU98 was 672 when I got the apple card but Barclays is very inq sensitive if I read well on the other posts.

Message 12 of 33
J2W
Established Member

Thx ..off I go
Message 13 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@J2W wrote:
8 in the last 60 days ..just declined 7/1 called and asked for a recon and was told inq was the main issue ...just wondered if apple visa or iTunes were less strict ..please advise

You probably have to wait 30-60 days since last APP Declined and if you have 8 INQ I probably would not apply after 30 or 60.

I don't feel like Barclay has tiers of which cards are harder to get, Lots will disagree probably... anyway, do not apply! is my thoughts.

Message 14 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

Wow thats an awesome increase, Congrats

Message 15 of 33
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Congratulations! Your Barclaycard Financing Visa® credit limit has changed!

Great news! We have increased your credit line to $10000

For Account ending in XXXX

That's on my Apple Visa

Excellent CS! Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 33
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@J2W wrote:
Thx ..off I go

I would wait on app'ing them, if you've already been declined for inq.  They simply do not like them, nor want to see them, for whatever their reasoning is.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 17 of 33
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Congrats. This is an encouraging post. I've pretty much used my Apple financing card for everything now. The Capital One card gets very little use. I'm hoping for a nice increase in a few months.

Edited to add that I naturally pay in full every month since the interest rate is RIDICULOUS. But I still have a small balance from my promotional purchase that I'm taking my time paying off.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 18 of 33
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Are they as sensitive about new accounts? I don't have many inqs on TU but I do have 2 new accounts that are 4 months old.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 19 of 33
Crashem
Valued Contributor

They must be trying to compete with your other credit lines.  Congrats.  Thats a real CLI

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.