Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice surprise from Cap One

tag
butterfly40324
Established Member

Nice surprise from Cap One

I logged into my account this morning and one of my cards went from $750 CL to $3750.  Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 610
Current Score: TU 621 EQ 618
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Nice surprise from Cap One

Wow, congrats! That is a nice suprise from cap one. May I ask what card you have with them?

Message 2 of 23
butterfly40324
Established Member

TY.  The one they increased was a regular Platinum.  I got it last Nov and it started out at $500 in credit steps program, then went to $750.  I have called the backdoor number several times with no luck.   We use it a lot and started out paying in full but we have been strapped for cash lately so the balance on it at the time of increase was $746/$750.

Message 3 of 23
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I got one on Tuesday as well....FINALLY went from $600 to $5600 on my Platinum after like 6 years.  On my other Platinum....I went from 2k to 6k about 6 months ago.  I'm thinking about combining them....but I don't know if I should wait a bit or not.

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 4 of 23
butterfly40324
Established Member

Thats awesome!  Congrats to you as well.  Maybe they are finally deciding to be a little more generous. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That's great news! Maybe they're turning around for the better...

Message 6 of 23
-Furbz-
Contributor

WOW!! that is a huge increase! Congrats! hopefully they are turning for the better!

Message 7 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This is why I want a Cap1 Card!!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 23
mross1080
Established Contributor

You dont already have one creditaddict? I thought you had every card?

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

after reading this I had to hurry and check mine too....but no increase. I've only had it a few months though and am in the credit steps.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.